Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Wodehouse, P.G.: A Damsel in Distress. v1 8 May 2009

Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse (1881-1975) was a popular English comic writer. His books are usually set around pre-war upper-class English society.

An American composer in London. Plus a cab. Plus a girl. Plus a brother. Plus an Earl. Plus misunderstandings. Mix well and you get an genuine and hilarious Wodehouse novel. It's a funny, easy to read and sincere humorous romance novel, a must read.

I created this version from the PG text, it's proofread and, hopefully, nicely formatted. I added curly quotes, a TOC, etc., and created the book with mobiperl.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Downloaded and did a quick scan. Looks like a great job of creating a mobi book?
What are the steps you take to get such a professional ebook creation? Did you start with an image pdf or did you use scanned jpg or tiff files? Regardless, I suppose you must have converted the image to rtf or doc, and then edited it to achieve the final result? How did you convert the image to an editable form? I tried AABBYY PDF transformer and got pretty good results for my first attempt, but there were many many error, esp. with the odd chapter headings but even with the traditional body text.

Anyway, congratulations on the excellent result.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
As I said, I started with the PG (Project Gutenberg) text, so no scanning and OCR for me. I just had to edit the text, convert to HTML (mobi flavour) and then read the book noting and correcting the errors or mistakes.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance