Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2016, 11:18 PM   #1
Txuricata
Txuricata began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Screen freezed on updating

Hi! I bought a Kobo Touch a couple of months ago and the first time it booted it asked me to update the OS and that was it. Nothing else happened. The screen is showing the Updating sign and it's not responding. I've contacted Kobo and they told me to unfold a clip and use it in the back and nothing happened. The also told me to hold the home button while I slide the ON/OFF and again, nothing. I even tried to connect it to my PC but it's like it's dead.
Any help? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Txuricata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:13 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Have you charged it?

Do me a favor.
Plug it into a wall charger and leave it overnight.

PS:new or used?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2016, 12:18 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Which do you have the Touch or n647?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Where did you buy the device? Did they provide any sort of guarantee that it wouldn't be DOA? Have you contacted the seller?

I wonder whether it ran completely out of battery when it first tried to update - was it plugged in or fully charged at the time?

Charge from the wall overnight, with a known-good charger and cable. Try the factory reset procedure again from the top, several times, including turning the Kobo OFF before you start (regardless of what is showing on the screen). Also, if there are any lines or artifacts on the screen at all, post a photo.

If the device seems chargeable but is still having problems, you may need to re-image or replace the internal microSD card.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #5
Txuricata

Hi guys!
Q: new or used?
A: Used bought on eBay

Q: Which do you have the Touch or n647?
A: Actually I have 3: n647, Touch and an Auro that works fine

Q: Where did you buy the device? Did they provide any sort of guarantee that it wouldn't be DOA? Have you contacted the seller?
A: Bought it on eBay to a seller called maplewag. I was refunded quite quickly I must say

Will charge it overnight and try the factory reset and post pictures of the result. By the way, would you give me some guidance on that issue?

There is no microSD card on the Touch. The memory is welded to the board
Advert
Old 08-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txuricata View Post
There is no microSD card on the Touch. The memory is welded to the board
True for the N905, but not for other Touches.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
Txuricata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Have you charged it?

Do me a favor.
Plug it into a wall charger and leave it overnight.

PS:new or used?
Did it. Charge it with a good charger and nothing happened
It's used

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
True for the N905, but not for other Touches.
That's the one I own