Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle Fire HD 2nd gen - not reconized

When I plug in my Kindle Fire HD, windows open a window which list the programs that can be open when the Kindle is detected. Calibre is not one of the programs listed. How do I get Calibre as one of the listed programs?

Roanldl

ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl View Post
When I plug in my Kindle Fire HD, windows open a window which list the programs that can be open when the Kindle is detected. Calibre is not one of the programs listed. How do I get Calibre as one of the listed programs?
You don't.

Start calibre then connect your Fire HD and if you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 or Linux calibre should recognize your device as attached. This section of the FAQ applies.

If you are using Windows XP or OS X then calibre will not recognize your device due to limitations with the OS. In this case you will have to use one of the Wireless methods for getting books from calibre to your device described under the Over the air section of the FAQ.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert