Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
BlackBomber
BlackBomber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Folder problems with GDrive

I recently rebuilt my desktop and downloaded Calibre. My books were stored on Google Drive so all was well. I told Calibre to use my existing library and a second later I was looking at my books.

The problem started when I clicked on one. It said there was nothing to view. After a little investigation, I discovered that a new folder had been created Caliber/Albert Camus/The Stranger (267) with a modified time of a few seconds ago. Beside it was: Caliber/Albert Camus/The Stranger which contained my book versions and other files.

I did a google search and found people complaining that GDrive creates duplicates and doesn't play nicely with Calibre. Fine, I'm agnostic, so I installed Dropbox. Copied the folder, updated to dropboxes servers, waited for the synch to finish. Opened Calibre. Pointed to the dropbox folder. Verified. Opened a book. Same problem.

I know I'm not the only one to encounter this but the posts I've read don't seem to point to a solution. Does anyone have any ideas?
BlackBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205581
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think BR is referring to the end of that post.
How to fix folders that have been damaged by GD
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobilread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBomber View Post
Copied the folder, updated to dropboxes servers, waited for the synch to finish. Opened Calibre. Pointed to the dropbox folder. Verified. Opened a book. Same problem.
Copying a bad library from one location to another is not going to fix anything. There is no problem with Dropbox, the title has been edited accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBomber View Post
I know I'm not the only one to encounter this but the posts I've read don't seem to point to a solution. Does anyone have any ideas?
The possible solution may be linked at the end of the Sticky post that BR links to (possible solution).

If that solution doesn't work then you will need to create a new empty library and add the books to it from the old library using the Add books from directories, including sub-directories (One book per directory...) option.

Moderator Notice
For every person new to the Mobileread Calibre forums please take a look at the sticky threads at the top of each calibre forum. There is a treasure trove of information in these threads that I find invaluable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	addbooks.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	108932  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-05-2013 at 01:00 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, catalog, folders