Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
is there a way to retrieve books stored on computer via wifi

for the aura hd, is there anyway to download a book stored on a computer via wifi? is it capable of connecting through ftp/smb/http or any protocol that would allow downloading a book other than kobo's book store?

Last edited by rem736; 06-17-2013 at 03:20 PM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Maybe through Calibre's server? Not sure, haven't tried it.

I don't retrieve from a local computer, but I have used the Aura's browser to get books in my Calibre library which is stored on DropBox.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have done it using calibre server, using the web browser on my Kobo devices.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so it's using the opds file server? i heard that some dropbox user accounts were cancelled because dropbox thinks the users are pirating books. i've not tried using an opds server. can it be accessed directly without dropbox? i can leave a port open to the internet for the opds server.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Calibre Content Server would have nothing to do with DropBox. You can set it up to be accessed on your local network or you can make it so it's available to you over the internet as well.

If you mean setting up an OPDS catalog using calibre2opds then the only accounts I've heard of being canceled were because the books were in the Public folder and people had shared links to them. For myself I don't have an OPDS catalog set up. I have my Calibre library in my DropBox (not in the public folder) so I can have the same library (& maintain it) both at home and at work. This also means I can use the Aura's browser to login at the DropBox mobile page and access my Calibre files.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
rem736
purpose priority passion

thanks, i found this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170903
i think i'll give it a go as i can configure a web server from home with the help of dyndns.