Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
rathecs
sci fi Connoisseur
rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Introducing "Halfway to Infinity"

Hi everyone,
I'm proud to present my online novel "Halfway to Infinity" to you all on mobileread.com! You think sci-fi has become repetitive? Halfway to Infinity is a no holds bar battle royale to the end of the universe. 10 years to write, this novel was written for sci fi fans of the 21st century. If you like a thought provoking take on our Universe millions of years in the future, give my novel a try at:

www.halfwaytoinfinity.com

All reviews, good or bad, are welcome.

Thanks,
Chaster Charles Johnson
rathecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
rathecs
sci fi Connoisseur
rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.rathecs can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Excerpts from Halfway to Infinity

Hmm, you know, its not fair to just say, "this is a great story read now!" A few excerpts are in place to understand how much fun I get from reading my own story (I know, that sounds self-absorbed but really I spent a decade crafting this thing and it turned out better than I expected).
To start things off, here's an excerpt from chapter 6. The pilot has gone mad, they are going faster than the speed of light, no one is steering the ship, and something's heading their way:

“Shoot it to oblivion,” shouted Hakes.
“We cannot get a lock on it,” Ladeen shouted back.
“Engineer, can you not fly the ship you built?”
Throb yelled, “The control system was specially designed for S.A. You could not even begin to comprehend the complexity…”
“Do you know how to trigger the emergency shut-off?” cried Listine.
“We are not accelerating,” shouted Throb above the sirens, “The engine is not even on right now. We are just going at a tremendous speed! We need to reverse thrust!”
“Get down!” Hakes grabbed Alsp, and grabbed hold of the pilot’s chair.
It was too late. Later it would be determined that a piece of matter the size of a pebble had penetrated the Infinity One. The quadium shield was not enough to deflect it; the electro-magnetic shield was not enough to destroy it. The small pebble shattered the front pane and destroyed the back wall. The remaining energy from this explosion ravaged parts of the engine room. Throb, Prog, and Ladeen, were thrown out through the shattered pane and into open space.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
As a web only book I can't read it on my preferred reading device. To reach more readers you may want to package it up as epub
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
rathecs
sci fi Connoisseur

Can't wait to get into ePublishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
As a web only book I can't read it on my preferred reading device. To reach more readers you may want to package it up as epub
Thanks for the advice. What is the process to do that? I'm new to epublishing.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi rathecs - one of our members put together a small tutorial on producing ePubs. Perhaps this will help?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130390
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
rathecs
sci fi Connoisseur

Epubs!

Very cool! Thanks for the link.

Tags
battle, epic, fiction, journey, science