Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #16
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Nope, the text is in Russian

cheers,
kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #17
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
In light of all the comments that have been written about seeing glare or reflections off of the Sony 600, I'm surprised that part of their advertising strategy for the 302 is a "highly glossy touchscreen;" I guess they haven't been reading our boards, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwg1TCsE0g8

Last edited by SolRaven; 09-07-2009 at 05:34 AM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
that glossy screen is going to be annoying and a touchscreen that doesn't react all the time to a thumb-press .... umm ....

i don't know why e-readers are being introduced with touchscreens, they'll get awfully dirty very quickly ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:55 AM   #19
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
i don't know why e-readers are being introduced with touchscreens, they'll get awfully dirty very quickly ....
Nothing a little work with a sleeve cannot solve

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #20
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Nothing a little work with a sleeve cannot solve

DrS

true but it would be the last thing i'd want to do to something that is likely to be fragile(ish).
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #21
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
true but it would be the last thing i'd want to do to something that is likely to be fragile(ish).
I don't know what other people are doing with their readers, but mine is thoroughly abused on daily basis. The only thing I'm religious about is using cover - always, always, always. Making sure when I put it down it is on a table and not on a bed or floor. In a bag - making sure nothing is pressing on a screen side and there is no chance of twisting the case.
I clean it with wet cloth energetically when it gets to dirty. So far it survived

DrS
Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #22
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
I don't know what other people are doing with their readers, but mine is thoroughly abused on daily basis. The only thing I'm religious about is using cover - always, always, always. Making sure when I put it down it is on a table and not on a bed or floor. In a bag - making sure nothing is pressing on a screen side and there is no chance of twisting the case.
I clean it with wet cloth energetically when it gets to dirty. So far it survived

DrS

in over a year i have touched my screen probably no more than half-a-dozen times.....
Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #23
Vesper
Addict

Quote:
in over a year i have touched my screen probably no more than half-a-dozen times.....
It really depends on usage. I use it everywhere, except in a shower... If someone reads only in bed or at home it will not get as dirty as mine that spends good amount of time buried in my bag with assorted misc items.

DrS
Old 09-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #24
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
PocketBook have great (or nearly) software design, But for me a really poor hardware design... THe pocketbook 360 sounds too technobabble for me, and look like a big heavy thing in the hand. And the controls are I think painful
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #25
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Here some pictures taken from the Ukrainian website :

Not as classy as the brushed aluminum of the 505, but with its integrated hard cover it's seems by far the more pocketable of the new 5" devices.

About the software, I liked what I saw in the video, the interface seems very nice and the default fonts and margins were looking nice too. And there is a dictionary.

Generally small company don't have enough resources to debug and polish theirs firmwares, I hope this will not be the case here.

It they sell it in the US not much over the price of the PRS-300, like $239 or less, I would seriously consider it.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
It they sell it in the US not much over the price of the PRS-300, like $239 or less, I would seriously consider it.
If you listened to the video, I know it was hard there was alot of back and forth in different laungages, but I think she said the price would be about €230 or about $300 US.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #27
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
PocketBook have great (or nearly) software design, But for me a really poor hardware design... THe pocketbook 360 sounds too technobabble for me, and look like a big heavy thing in the hand. And the controls are I think painful
You don't like the button placement? I have a EB1150 and the buttons on the side are really nice. I would rather have oversized page turning buttons than smaller wheel ones.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
No I don't like them because they will not be easy to use on daily basis, you will often press the lower button when holding it with such a disposition.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #29
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
If you listened to the video, I know it was hard there was alot of back and forth in different laungages, but I think she said the price would be about €230 or about $300 US.
Yes I heard that, but I would not be interested at this price. Ie this device seem better than the PRS-300 and can command a somewhat higher price, but if it costs as much as a K2 or as a 600 then these readers are clearly better deals -for me at least-.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #30
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Watching the pocketbook vid. I *love* that thing. Me wants it!
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook