Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
ellie3009
ellie3009 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
paperwhite 3G owners - test something for me please?

mods please delete

Last edited by ellie3009; 05-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.
ellie3009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
ellie3009

125 views and no-one willing to try it out?

Please could some kind-hearted soul give it a try for me?

I should perhaps add that I am not planning on downloading Gigabytes via this method, the paper I download is usually about 1.4mb and I would probably do it about 3x a week when away.

The reason I don't pay for a subscription is because I wouldn't use it the rest of the year, as I can get them free when at home with wi-fi.
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You can only use 3G to access Amazon and Wikipedia. Wi-Fi is required to connect to other websites. I connected to 3G, and wasn't able to access www.readerdailies.com, I turned Wi-Fi on and was able to.

Note: When using the experimental web browser, you'll only be able to access Amazon and Wikipedia using the 3G connection. Unrestricted web access is available by connecting your Kindle Paperwhite to a Wi-Fi connection.

Last edited by Gazella; 05-01-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
ellie3009

HI Gazella, thanks for trying.

I know that is normally the case... but using the twitter/facebook workaround via the settings and social networking option does allow you to apparently.
That is why I wanted someone who knows the workaround to try it out, using the workaround.

Thanks anyway!
Ellie
Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not aware of the social networking 'trick' you're referring to. I'd help if I did.
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
ellie3009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I'm not aware of the social networking 'trick' you're referring to. I'd help if I did.
google the words jesse vincent paperwhite then click the top link
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Gazella
Wizard

paperwhite 3G owners - test something for me please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie3009 View Post
google the words jesse vincent paperwhite then click the top link
It didn't work for me. I got an error and a message that states that I need to turn Wi-Fi on.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This sounds rather dishonest to me. 3G data costs real money.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This sounds rather dishonest to me. 3G data costs real money.
This.
What puzzles me is that the OP is actually surprised 125 people did not want to do something illegal and unethical.
Sure, it's not like you are putting babies on spikes. But, still wrong.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote