Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #46
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
That worked perfectly! Once I figured out where to place it. Now I don't have to go through thousands upon thousands of epubs to individually edit their summaries. I've been trying to figure out what to do for months.

Thank you.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #47
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FanFictionDownLoader Version 1.2.0

I'm again looking for some people to beta test the attached newest version before I put it out for everyone.

This version contains:
  • New feature - Options to update Reading List plugin lists for device sync and keeping list(s) of new books to read.
  • Plugin configuration now tied to library. Different libraries can have different settings.
  • Shortcut button in plugin config to dialog for assigning hotkeys.
  • List of Characters now parsed and saved for most supported sites.

The big change is the integration with Reading List.

Reading List defines lists of stories that it can automatically send to your reading devices and update tags and custom columns.

Once you've created Reading Lists for sending to your devices, you can configure FanFictionDownLoader 1.2.0 to automatically add new/updated stories to those lists.

Reading Lists can also update custom columns automatically. Using that with a Metadata Plugboard, you can put a notation in the title of new books to read when they're sent to your device.

As a convenience, the plugin offers a menu option to remove stories from the 'to read' lists after you've read them and optionally add 'read' stories to the 'send to device' lists again.

This is an illustrated example of how I thought it would be used.

There's also a decent chance somebody will point out a better way to do this.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-21-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #48
soleta
soleta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thank you so much for this plugin - it's honestly one of the ones I use most often. Because of that, I was wondering if there's a way I'm missing to tell the plugin not to add tags to the file, or to use calibre's default 'tags to apply when adding a book' setting?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #49
todaysname
todaysname began at the beginning.

Device: Nook tablet
Wonderful plugin, I used it all the time up until the latest update. Past updates worked well.

Now every time I open the plugin to either add a new url or update a new story, Calibre has to quit unexpectedly. I'm not a technical person at all. If there is some data that you need about the crash, let me know where to look and I will post that information.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #50
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleta View Post
Thank you so much for this plugin - it's honestly one of the ones I use most often. Because of that, I was wondering if there's a way I'm missing to tell the plugin not to add tags to the file, or to use calibre's default 'tags to apply when adding a book' setting?
Glad you like it.

There's meant to be a way, but when I went to try it, I found a couple bugs that I need to fix before it will work properly. Stay tuned.

Jim
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #51
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.2.2 is up. After a while, calibre will notice it and prompt you to update.

@soleta - Once you have 1.2.2, you can go into plugin config->personal.ini and add a line:
Code:
[defaults]
include_subject_tags:
(Don't add another [defaults] line if you already have one.)

That should keep the plugin from writing any tags to calibre. I'd turn on 'Keep Existing Tags' on the 'Basic' config tab, too.

Jim
Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #52
soleta
soleta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thank you, thank you! That's perfect.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #53
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Error when sorting by date

Hi.
Love the plugin.
I just started using it to add stories from fanfiction.com.
It does add the story but then I get an error when I sort by date.
If I shut down calibre and restart it i can sort by date without the error reappearing.
The error also disappears (with restarting calibre) if I remove the story that was just added.
I've added a book manually with out using the plugin and did not get the error so it seems to be the plugin.
I tried with two different authors and received a message both times.

Here is the error message.
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.36
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:can't compare offset-naive and offset-aware datetimes

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 319, in sort
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 327, in _sort
File "site-packages\calibre\library\caches.py", line 995, in sort
File "site-packages\calibre\library\caches.py", line 1015, in multisort
File "site-packages\calibre\library\caches.py", line 1031, in __cmp__
TypeError: can't compare offset-naive and offset-aware datetimes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #54
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richreads View Post
Hi.
Love the plugin.
I just started using it to add stories from fanfiction.com.
It does add the story but then I get an error when I sort by date.
Glad you like it.

As for the bug--it's fixed in 1.2.3. Thanks for reporting it.

Jim
Old 01-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #55
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI, anytime there's a new version of a plugin, there's a delay before it shows up on the official list of plugins that calibre watches. (It's managed manually by kiwidude and Kovid.)

But you don't have to wait for it. You can go into your User Plugins, view your Installed plugins, choose FanFictionDownLoader and, even though it says there's no new version, click 'Install'. Restart calibre and you'll have the latest version.

Jim
Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #56
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
thanx for the quick update - that fixed it.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #57
martinjh99
martinjh99 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Latest version of the plugin and Calibre 0.8.36 Windows 7 64bit...

Download and install the plugin from both the plugin list in Calibre and manually downloaded and installed from the first post in this thread.

It doesn't show up in the Toolbar options so i can add it and when i click on the plugin to configure it it always says that I need to restart Calibre when I have already re-started Calibre.

Am I doing anything wrong here or is it a problem with soomething...?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #58
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjh99 View Post
Latest version of the plugin and Calibre 0.8.36 Windows 7 64bit...

Download and install the plugin from both the plugin list in Calibre and manually downloaded and installed from the first post in this thread.

It doesn't show up in the Toolbar options so i can add it and when i click on the plugin to configure it it always says that I need to restart Calibre when I have already re-started Calibre.

Am I doing anything wrong here or is it a problem with soomething...?
You either missed the configuration step, or you placed it on the wrong (for you) toolbar. There are 2 versions of the same toolbar: Normal and Device connected. If you want it on Both, you need to add it to both.

Spending some time with Preferences Toolbar will set things straight.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #59
martinjh99
martinjh99 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You either missed the configuration step, or you placed it on the wrong (for you) toolbar. There are 2 versions of the same toolbar: Normal and Device connected. If you want it on Both, you need to add it to both.

Spending some time with Preferences Toolbar will set things straight.
Thanks - actually seems to have worked now I am in a library with books I downloaded from website...

Cheers anyway!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #60
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Hmmm. Not sure what happened there; what you have in your library shouldn't make any difference. But I'm glad it got sorted out.
Closed Thread