i got my reader!!! and i got my $50 credit!!! yeah
cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #17
Bhist
Bhist began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Email From Sony Support With Instructions For Credit

Hi Sony Readers:

I’m new to this forum because I just bought my reader an hour ago from Borders. I found this forum last night while researching the product. I still wonder why Borders' Books is selling the Readers. Don't they realize that avid users of the Sony Reader will be buying their books from Connect?

Anyway, I noticed I didn’t have the $50 credit in my account as well. So, I sent an email to Sony support and had an answer from them in less than 10 minutes. Yes, 10 MINUTES!!

Here is what they instructed me to do, which I did and it worked perfectly. I’m now browsing books to spend the $50. Please note. This was done AFTER I registered my reader with the connect store.

“Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sony Connect! In order to receive the $50.00 credit you will need to authorize the e-Reader to your account.

I am not showing the e-Reader device authorized under the "myemailaddress" account.

Connect the device to the computer via USB. Open the e-Reader software on your computer and log into your account in the e-Books store. Click on the Account link at the top right. Click on "Manage Devices". The Reader should be listed. You can then authorize it to your account.

After the reader is authorized, the $50.00 credit should show on the account.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Representative
Sony Connect
http://www.connect.com”

Hope this helps others in the same situation.

BTW – This is a great forum. I’m glad I found it.
Bhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome, Bhist, we're glad you found it too. Excellent first post.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #19
Fauve
Fauve began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I'm in the same boat as some other folks. I made an account, I authorized my PC and my Reader, but no credit. I wonder if it is because I skipped the step to enter a credit card number? (I prefer to give that when I purchase, not before.) Everyone else who didn't get a credit in your transaction history after making an account and authorizing, did you also skip the credit card information step when you made your account?
Fauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #20
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I didn't enter any CC info either, though I did need to contact Sony Connect support via email for them to "research" my problem before issuing me a eCoupon for the $50 credit. The process took about 2-3 days, but was definitely worth the wait.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #21
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
The following is the email text from Sony Connect that finally got me the $50 credit. This was after several emails and phone calls to SonyStyle where I purchased my reader (discussing my special case of ordering in 2006 and receiving the reader in 2007), and to Sony Connect trying to get them to talk to one another. I used the coupon code like a gift certificate. I don't remember whether I entered my credit card or not when I filled out the registration data. I did before I entered my first order because I was going a little above the $50 credit balance with the order.

From Sony Connect:

EB50F4YCZ2xxx (the last digits have been changed)
http://ebooks.connect.com/$50"
Old 03-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
Fauve
Fauve began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just a quick update to say that I did finally get my credit (as a coupon code, like NormB.) I still think the snafu was related to not giving credit card info when I signed up. And I promptly used my credit, and even though I was more or less happy with the books I bought, I still am not enjoying any of them as much as my Project Gutenberg troves. Time to send those folks another donation.
Fauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good news, Fauve, glad you got it worked out.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #24
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Got the reader!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the credit!!!!!! --- Got my Lies of locke lamora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #25
chaocai
chaocai began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
guys,

is there a way to get the CREDIT without MANAGING DEVICE?

I am at a situation that I have not yet received my sony reader from my friend but has whatever the serial#, just don't want to connect my sony reader to someone else's PC to get the CREDIT... thanks
chaocai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist

Sorry, chaocai, but no. You have to physically connect the Reader to a PC that's logged into your ConnStore account -- it apparently reads something out of the Reader's electronic guts somewhere to establish its uniqueness.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #27
MissLissa
Enthusiast
MissLissa has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS 500/Palm Tungsten E2
Yet another newbie question: I don't have my reader yet, but have downloaded the Connect software to my laptop. Once I register/authorize my PRS 500 on my laptop, will I be able to load Connect to a different PC (say, my work PC), and download to my device in multiple places?

Thanks all!
MissLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #28
NatCh
Gizmologist

Yup, I do just that. The only caveat is that if you register a second PC on your account you take up one of your 6 registrations slots, that may or may not be a concern for you, of course.

The other thing is be sure you un-register that PC before you let them upgrade you, otherwise you'll have to call Sony and get them to turn it off for you.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #29
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Heheh, we have a few PC's in the house and do this same thing too (two Readers as well!). You'll just need to re-download the purchased content on the other PC you register as well.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #30
vivek_cbe
vivek_cbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am in India and await my reader in a weeks time. My question is how do I claim the 100 free books offer that currently is up on the site? Do I need to get these while the reader is still in the US? Sony's T&C states that this offer is only for residents of USA. So do I ask someone in US to create the account, activate it and download the books prior to shipping to India? Also I think the reader would be physically required to authenticate the purchase.

If someone can throw some light on this, it would be really great.

Thanks in advance.

Vivek
vivek_cbe is offline   Reply With Quote