Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2024, 10:08 AM   #1
hsirt
hsirt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Pocketbook Verse Pro
Verse Pro light adjustment problem

I'm getting acquainted with the Verse Pro and using the swipe gestures while in read mode.

The right side of the screen is set to adjust frontlight brightness, while the left side is set to adjust smartlight. I have encountered at least two problems so far:

1. The right side -does- work to adjust frontlight brightness. However, when I scroll down all the way to 0, I receive a prompt whether I would like to turn off frontlight. Despite selecting 'no', I can no longer scroll up to increase frontlight brightness. I have to manually increase frontlight through the menu.

2. The left side -does not- work to adjust smartlight. I have checked and double checked that the setting is correct, but scrolling up/down on the left side of the screen does not do anything.

Wondering if other folks are running into similar issues.
hsirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 07:19 AM   #2
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Both your problems don't occur with my son's Verse Pro. Are you on the latest firmware?
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2024, 02:02 PM   #3
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
As electronicfur says, check for firmware updates.

Did you try Settings>Maintenance>screen calibration?

As your message implies the device is new, it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience to perform a factory reset also.

If you're still having an issue after this you may have a touchscreen fault.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-06-2024 at 09:06 PM.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:38 PM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Dont forget the new settings:
Personalize - Gestures in Reading Mode:

And I wouldn't swipe to change the pages. Just use tap and configure the Tap zones to your likes.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote