Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Friday's Question of the Week 3 Apr 09

Ya think so?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
seems pretty obvious to me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Who's going to be the first to post in the new Conservatory?

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Ya think so?
I used to think so, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

WDE.
Not I! Couldn't think of a serious topic if my life depended on it. And I don't think they want to play with me over there, I can tell when I'm not wanted, I'm taking my Barbies and going home. sniff
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That would be me. Which is one of those little ironies that makes life so sweet.
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That would be me. Which is one of those little ironies that makes life so sweet.
I could use some ironies. I'm all out.

WDE.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

WDE.
What was the perceived need that created that? What can happen there that cannot happen here?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
What was the perceived need that created that? What can happen there that cannot happen here?
The pertinent questionis, what can happen here that can't happen there? Silliness. Some people want to have a place to have discussion without off-topic zaniness. I see it as a reasonable request. I can cut up and be the doyenne of ditz here and an erudite scholar there and get all sorts of free e-books elsewhere and be a perfectly contented little chihuahua or whatever.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
What was the perceived need that created that?
some people didn't like the silly threads, and they wanted a completely silliness-free forum.
Quote:
What can happen there that cannot happen here?
absolutely nothing ; there have always been and will continue to be discussions on all topics in the lounge, including serious ones. please feel free to start / participate in any thread you like here.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
The pertinent questionis, what can happen here that can't happen there? Silliness. Some people want to have a place to have discussion without off-topic zaniness. I see it as a reasonable request. I can cut up and be the doyenne of ditz here and an erudite scholar there and get all sorts of free e-books elsewhere and be a perfectly contented little chihuahua or whatever.
technically you can be an erudite scholar here too. it's been known to happen on many occasions.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
technically you can be an erudite scholar here too. it's been known to happen on many occasions.
And those that unsubscribe from the Lounge, might miss some of that erudite scholarly behavior.

I hope they check in now and again to participate in some of our more serious topics.

WDE.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Believe it or not, MARC and I once had a sane discussion in the lounge about string theory and the physics book, The Elegant Universe. I'm thinking we both got ahold of some tainted ZC's that made us serious. Throw that batch down the drain!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

i believe it. i've had many very interesting and rewarding discussions in here.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Ya think so?
Not in these shoes. (Ah, Kirsty MacColl, you're missed.)

Quote:
You mean you can't be an erudite, if ditzy, small yappy-type dog all at once?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #15
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
i believe it. i've had many very interesting and rewarding discussions in here.
Rewarding mostly for the laddy on the door. Have you seen his recent price list? Sheesh.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote