Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #121
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Sony firmware update 1.0.05.12140 released today for European PRS-T2 disables jailbreak functionality (ability to boot from SD cards) on the "virgin" PRS-T2 units. I would recommend that no one installs this update without first installing the jailbreak. If the jailbreak was installed prior to "upgrade" to 1.0.05.12140, this package should recover ability to boot from SD. It can be installed in the "usual" manner (no SD card required, unpack on a PC, run "flash_reader.bat").

The units with 1.0.05.12140 installed over non-jailbreaked firmware, or pre-installed at the factory, are not hackable at present time.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #122
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Thanks for the - bad - information.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #123
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Sony firmware update 1.0.05.12140 released today .
thank you, happy new year 2 all (would not say merry christmas, as there are orthodox guys from russian that should celebrate later I reckon= )

if i gathered enough info properly
i will procede with my eu model with Version 1.0.04.11081
+ backup+jailbreak+new rupor minimal updated for version 1.0.04.11081

finger crossed
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #124
Robyf
Robyf began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Hi

I have a big problem here. Just bought an EU PRS-T2 which has firmware 1.0.02.08090. I want to update it to 1.0.04.11081 to root it but I cannot find this update file anywhere anymore. On Sony's site it's only possible to download the latest update 1.0.05.12140 which breaks the jailbkreak.

Can someone send me (via PM if you prefer) the 1.0.04.11081 firmware update for EU device so I can install it?

Thanks
Roby
Robyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #125
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyf View Post
Can someone send me (via PM if you prefer) the 1.0.04.11081 firmware update for EU device so I can install it?
Here you go.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #126
Robyf
Robyf began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
Here you go.
Thanks for your help...
Robyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #127
reylan
reylan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t2
Quote:
Sony firmware update 1.0.05.12140 released today for European PRS-T2 disables jailbreak functionality (ability to boot from SD cards) on the "virgin" PRS-T2 units. I would recommend that no one installs this update without first installing the jailbreak. If the jailbreak was installed prior to "upgrade" to 1.0.05.12140, this package should recover ability to boot from SD. It can be installed in the "usual" manner (no SD card required, unpack on a PC, run "flash_reader.bat").

The units with 1.0.05.12140 installed over non-jailbreaked firmware, or pre-installed at the factory, are not hackable at present time.
Hello,
First post here. My wife had this reader for christmas. Unfortunatelly, we did the update. Are we stuck forever or is there any chance ? For the moment, we just want to install some apk like a real facebook app and maybe a rss feed reader.
BTW, thanks for that thread, it has interesting information.
Reylan
reylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #128
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Sony Version 1.0.0.1.08011

Today i got a PRS-T2 with above mentioned Version. I tried a jailbreak, but no success.
Therfore i updated to 100411081. But i wasnt able to Jailbreak, and to root.
Is a solution possible?

Regards
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #129
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Today i got a PRS-T2 with above mentioned Version. I tried a jailbreak, but no success.
Therfore i updated to 100411081. But i wasnt able to Jailbreak, and to root.
Is a solution possible?
So, what happens? Does the jailbreak go through and reset the reader, and the reader then doesn't show the "Updating" screen? Or does the jailbreak script fail? You have not provided enough information.

Since you had the older version of the firmware, I suspect the jailbreak should still work. Recently Sony has started selling the readers with patched up Recovery, which makes jailbreak impossible, but I doubt that your reader has that.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #130
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So, what happens? Does the jailbreak go through and reset the reader,
The Reader was reset
Quote:
and the reader then doesn't show the "Updating" screen? Or does the jailbreak script fail? You have not provided enough information.
The Reader doesnt show the Updating screen, but the script didnt show fail
Quote:
Since you had the older version of the firmware, I suspect the jailbreak should still work. Recently Sony has started selling the readers with patched up Recovery, which makes jailbreak impossible, but I doubt that your reader has that.
I will show an image of cmd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	98971  

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-07-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #131
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
The Reader was reset
The Reader doesnt show the Updating screen, but the script didnt show fail
I will show an image of cmd
You need to have an SD card in the Reader. The script is copying the files onto the READER drive, which is wrong (not going to work). The Jailbreak requires the micro-SD card.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #132
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
You need to have an SD card in the Reader. The script is copying the files onto the READER drive, which is wrong (not going to work). The Jailbreak requires the micro-SD card.
Ther is 4 GB SD in the Reader. But I will try it with another.
I tried it, but it didnt show an Updating screen.

It shows shutdown
opening book
again opening book
flashing screen,
opening book
Home Screen

How can i manage, that the script writes to sd?

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-07-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #133
porkupan
Fanatic

look at the flash_reader.bat, and maybe you can hack it.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #134
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
look at the flash_reader.bat, and maybe you can hack it.
I copied OS Firmware from Reader to sd and could jailbreak.
Same Problem with root. I will copy everything from Reader to sd and try again

I didnt succed

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-07-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #135
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
I will copy everything from Reader to sd and try again
The root stuff should go onto the READER drive (you can take the SD card out).

Looks like there is a weird problem with the driver that causes it to mistake the READER drive for SD, and vice versa. Don't know why. Haven't seen it anywhere else.