Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #16
alegeott
alegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it is

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603 (Leggo IBS)
I can open music from the SD card with the music player without problem, but I formatted the internal memory before upgrade the firmware (from 2.1.2 RC3 to RC6).
alegeott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #17
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Thanks Dolansky!

I found a bug a pdfviewer. When you zoom in and use the down arrow of the roend button, it goes two strokes forward instead of one. For example, I zoom 120%, and use landscape mode, when y use the round button, goes for two clicks, when only I hit for one click.

On RC3 version with pdfviewer, on landscape mode, you have to do a long press and work perfectly.

Also, I do not know why the guys on development do not use a real scroll instead of page squares. sometimes drawing or text get into to the area where you can not read it, because one half is in one side, and the other half other side.

my 2cents

I will keep this RC6 for now
A related bug in pdfviewer in 602: in two column landscape mode, after getting to the bottom of the second column, when you click any "next page" or "forward" button you mapped, the page goes back to the top of the second column -- you have to scroll through the second column again in order to turn to the next page. I have tried all mapping possibilities. Nothing helps.

P.S. Nothing helps unless you change "automatic orientation" to "fixed landscape"

Last edited by jshzh; 12-15-2011 at 03:52 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Another Bug-Fonts do not work in FBreader

I found another bug, when I change fonts, they do not change in the epub file

THis RC6 for 902 is too buggy!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
2.1.2 final for Pro has recently released

The 2.1.2 final for Pro has recently released in the bugtracker an hour ago and i am sure it will be released by Forkosigan in the german forum in a little while.

Release Notes:
Spoiler:

IMPLEMENTED

Readers
No. Implementation
1 Following the external links
New notes functionality for Adobe Reader, PDF Viewer and FB Reader:
marker (not applicable for PDF Viewer), pen, eraser, screenshot, help,
comments
3 New page transitions functionality
4 Word pronunciation by double stylus touch in dictionary mode
Turning 10 pages backward/forward on continuous turning buttons
press
6 Hide panel function in FB Reader and Adobe viewer

Connectivity
No. Implementation
1 Wireless connection disabling by touching a status bar icon (for
devices with touchscreen) or via task manager
2 New experimental browser for devices with touch screen
3 Auto-fill forms mechanism in browser

File Management
No. Implementation
1 New bookshelf (Library)
2 Correct images for .html files

Configuration
No. Implementation
1 Configuration protection with password
2 Library database update settings
3 Automatic device registration
4 Automatic firmware update

Other
No. Implementation
1 Multitasking with task manager
2 Bookland application

FIXED
Readers

No. Bugfix
1 Turning pages in dictionary mode with Menu button in landscape
orientation
2 Footnotes in pdf and ePub files
3 Russian hyphenation in Adobe Reader
4 Crash after screen rotation in Columns view mode
5 Last word stylus selection in dictionary mode
6 Cursor returning to the center of the screen instead selected word
7 Last opened page wasn’t restored
8 Application freezes after selecting word with stylus
9 Device freezes after Back key press in reading mode
10 Incorrect return from links mode in fbreader
11 Asymmetrical margins in fbreader
12 Page distortion after making a screenshot
13 Incorrectly highlighted sentences on note in TTS mode
14 Notes weren’t hidden after unchecking the corresponding checkboxes
in TOC menu
15 No TTS playback after keyboard unlock

Connectivity
No. Bugfix
1 Couldn’t unlock blocked SIM-card (903, 603 models)
2 A2DP connection interrupt while establishing GPRS one
3 Incorrect A2DP connection after using Bluetooth for transferring files
4 Device doesn’t remember A2DP audio device Bluetooth PIN
5 After disable/enable A2DP audio device music playback doesn’t renewNo. Bugfix
6 A2DP connection is not reestablished after disconnecting the audio
device
7 A2DP music playback is not reestablished after unpause
8 After connecting/disconnecting USB current path was lost on the
bookshelf

File Management
No. Bugfix
1 Invalid file name support (moving/copying the name was truncated)
2 Library title didn’t display current filter name
3 The book was displayed not as read, but as opened on 99%
4 The exit on the first page of the library instead of exiting to the folder
that contains selected book
5 Bookshelf update after returning from the book
6 It was necessary to clear recent read book list after microSD-card
ejected

Configuration
No. Bugfix
1 Connection select window was displayed in portrait orientation, when
the general was landscape
2 Couldn’t change screen orientation in Configuration section
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #20
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

This is nice for the 903, but the 902 are left behind
I will upgrade anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
The 2.1.2 final for Pro has recently released in the bugtracker an hour ago and i am sure it will be released by Forkosigan in the german forum in a little while.

Release Notes:
Spoiler:

IMPLEMENTED

Readers
No. Implementation
1 Following the external links
New notes functionality for Adobe Reader, PDF Viewer and FB Reader:
marker (not applicable for PDF Viewer), pen, eraser, screenshot, help,
comments
3 New page transitions functionality
4 Word pronunciation by double stylus touch in dictionary mode
Turning 10 pages backward/forward on continuous turning buttons
press
6 Hide panel function in FB Reader and Adobe viewer

Connectivity
No. Implementation
1 Wireless connection disabling by touching a status bar icon (for
devices with touchscreen) or via task manager
2 New experimental browser for devices with touch screen
3 Auto-fill forms mechanism in browser

File Management
No. Implementation
1 New bookshelf (Library)
2 Correct images for .html files

Configuration
No. Implementation
1 Configuration protection with password
2 Library database update settings
3 Automatic device registration
4 Automatic firmware update

Other
No. Implementation
1 Multitasking with task manager
2 Bookland application

FIXED
Readers

No. Bugfix
1 Turning pages in dictionary mode with Menu button in landscape
orientation
2 Footnotes in pdf and ePub files
3 Russian hyphenation in Adobe Reader
4 Crash after screen rotation in Columns view mode
5 Last word stylus selection in dictionary mode
6 Cursor returning to the center of the screen instead selected word
7 Last opened page wasn’t restored
8 Application freezes after selecting word with stylus
9 Device freezes after Back key press in reading mode
10 Incorrect return from links mode in fbreader
11 Asymmetrical margins in fbreader
12 Page distortion after making a screenshot
13 Incorrectly highlighted sentences on note in TTS mode
14 Notes weren’t hidden after unchecking the corresponding checkboxes
in TOC menu
15 No TTS playback after keyboard unlock

Connectivity
No. Bugfix
1 Couldn’t unlock blocked SIM-card (903, 603 models)
2 A2DP connection interrupt while establishing GPRS one
3 Incorrect A2DP connection after using Bluetooth for transferring files
4 Device doesn’t remember A2DP audio device Bluetooth PIN
5 After disable/enable A2DP audio device music playback doesn’t renewNo. Bugfix
6 A2DP connection is not reestablished after disconnecting the audio
device
7 A2DP music playback is not reestablished after unpause
8 After connecting/disconnecting USB current path was lost on the
bookshelf

File Management
No. Bugfix
1 Invalid file name support (moving/copying the name was truncated)
2 Library title didn’t display current filter name
3 The book was displayed not as read, but as opened on 99%
4 The exit on the first page of the library instead of exiting to the folder
that contains selected book
5 Bookshelf update after returning from the book
6 It was necessary to clear recent read book list after microSD-card
ejected

Configuration
No. Bugfix
1 Connection select window was displayed in portrait orientation, when
the general was landscape
2 Couldn’t change screen orientation in Configuration section
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #21
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Where is the "bugtracker" thread - if I may ask? There is nothing in the Russian thread/forum

Last edited by jshzh; 12-16-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 AM   #22
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
well, if Google translate is to be trusted, from what I understand it is still only for closed testing - on the Ukranina forum they are asking whether it is going tobe available for everyone today, le'ts see.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #23
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Where is the "bugtracker" thread - if I may ask? There is nothing in the Russian thread/forum
PB have internal bug tracker, simple users like you or me have no access to it. Only beta testers can report or check already reported bugs.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #24
skydive
Addict

that's sucks!

Well, we will continue posting here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
PB have internal bug tracker, simple users like you or me have no access to it. Only beta testers can report or check already reported bugs.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #25
jshzh
Addict

Here it is

Announced on the Russian forum a moment ago.

2.1.2 final versions are here:

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ru/support

One PDFviewer bug is not fixed - at least not for 602. It is even worse now. No matter you choose "automatic screen orientation" or not, if you read in two column mode, the page won't turn at the bottom of the second column. It goes back to the top of the second column. You have to go through that column again to get to the next page. Mapping for pdfviewer does not work.

Adobeviewer turns pages as it should but dictionaries open and work EXTREMELY slow in it - another problem I had reported to the Russian forum before the final release but not taken seriously.

What can I say? Multi-tasking is cool for reference books but if you read in two column mode - you will only get 2/3 of the designed page-turns per charge !!

Last edited by jshzh; 12-16-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #26
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks for the heads up - hopefully the EU site will aslo be updated.
I'll hcekc if I get your same bugs, and thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #27
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
I installed the 2.1.2 final without problems on my 602. I was enable to install the firsts releases of 2.1.2, only RC6 did work, and now the final.
Still have an issue with calibre. Memory and card A are swap and don't see any files on the card. I have to use "connect to folder".
To me the dictionary in pdfs don't seem more slow than it was. But doesn't see all the words, jumps a lot of words when I click next.
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #28
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris62 View Post
To me the dictionary in pdfs don't seem more slow than it was. But doesn't see all the words, jumps a lot of words when I click next.

Dictionaries in Pdfviewer open fast and the cursor moves fast but not in Adobeviewer - on my device (602) the speed is intolerable - it may be faster if I just use a paper dictionary to look up words.

Update:
Tried the dictionary function in another pdf book with Adobeviewer and got normal speed. I guess for some pdf books, the dictionaries work much faster in pdfviewer than in Adobeviewer, for instance pdf with two columns - it takes 20 seconds to open the dictionary while in pdfviewer it opens instantly. Unfortunately pdfviewer has page turning problem in the two column mode.

Last edited by jshzh; 12-17-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
skydive
Addict

Is this software update will work on PD902 United states devices?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Dictionaries in Pdfviewer open fast and the cursor moves fast but not in Adobeviewer - on my device (602) the speed is intolerable - it may be faster if I just use a paper dictionary to look up words.

Update:
Tried the dictionary function in another pdf book with Adobeviewer and got normal speed. I guess for some pdf books, the dictionaries work much faster in pdfviewer than in Adobeviewer, for instance pdf with two columns. Unfortunately pdfviewer has page turning problem in the two column mode.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #30
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Is this software update will work on PD902 United states devices?
My guess it works on all devices. I bought my 602 from U.S. online.