Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
gmavanda
Edge User

Resetting to factory settings

I want to give my Edge, registered in my name, to a friend. I have a lot of books and APPs on my EDGE.
How do I RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS and ERASE ALL CONTENT in one go ?. What else do I have to do to get it to the original state. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
done
Edge User

To wipe all of your content on your eDGe, and return it to "out of the box" state, you can use the Factory Reset feature on the eDGe.

1. On the home screen, press the Menu button and select Settings.
2. Select Device Storage.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the option Factory Data Reset

Note that the Factory Reset will not wipe any removable media you may have in the device, such as a SD card or USB stick.

Also as Boris mentioned, you will need to make the device transferable in order for your friend to register it. The Knowledge Base article he linked should have all the information you need to do this.

Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
done
Edge User

Not a problem, we will put up a knowledge base article about this in the next day or so. Sorry there wasn't one already.