Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil v0.1.7 [and 0.1.8]

The changelog for the 0.1.7 release follows:
Quote:
Sigil v0.1.7 2009.12.28.
- minor aesthetic toolbar fixes for Mac
- fixed an issue with " " in headings not being converted to a space in the TOC (issue #215)
- minor aesthetic changes to the line number area in Code View
- fixed an issue with "Insert Image" not working if the Book View doesn't have focus (issue #204)
- the "Add metadata property" dialogs in the Meta Editor now remember their size, position
and splitter bar position
- Sigil now loads HTML metadata when importing if metadata conforms to Dublin Core;
code contribution from Kevin Hendricks (issue #160)

- fixed an issue with loading TXT files with unescaped character entity references (issue #202)
- fixed an issue with headings not being centered after View switches (issue #200)
- fixed an issue with files with uppercase extensions being loaded incorrectly
- fixed an issue with loading TXT files with Mac-style (CR) line endings (issue #170)
- fixed an issue with loading UTF-16 encoded files that used Windows style (CRLF) line endings
- Sigil should now detect UTF-8 encoded HTML files even when they don't specify that they
are UTF-8 encoded, and HTML files that use the XML "encoding" attribute (for any encoding)
- fixed a rare issue with false spaces being inserted into words during import (issue #139)
- the Views can now be scrolled by one line up/down by pressing CTRL+Up/Down (issue #72)
- the About dialog now links to the online version of the GPLv3
- made viewport switching more robust; the rare crashes should now become much rarer

This is a bugfix release for the 0.1.x branch. The new XHTML DC feature was a code contribution from Kevin Hendricks. You can see a discussion about this feature (and possible further refinements) here.

Development of the 0.2.x branch is ongoing.

Further releases in the 0.1.x branch are possible, depending on the amount and severity of bug reports and the time it takes to release 0.2.0.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Valloric; 12-30-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thanks! You seriously rock!

EDIT: I downloaded the windows version, and after installing, on opening the program the first time it inform me that a newer version is available: 0.1.7.
Went the the help->about menu and yep - I'm using 0.1.7.

Last edited by Dave Berk; 12-28-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
EDIT: I downloaded the windows version, and after installing, on opening the program the first time it inform me that a newer version is available: 0.1.7.
Went the the help->about menu and yep - I'm using 0.1.7.
Yeah, I'm seeing this myself. I'll check out what's going on.

Either way, after you tell it yes/no, it won't pop up again. It only informs you about a newer version once per new version.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Valloric

OK, I just pushed a hotfix 0.1.8 release. Changelog below.
Quote:
Sigil v0.1.8 2009.13.30.
- fix for a regression causing all imported CSS code to be merged into one line
- fix for an issue with ignored linefeed characters (caused by same regression) (issue #217)
Old 12-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi Valloric! Thanks for the great program. Downloaded 0.1.7 yesterday but didn't get a chance to use it . Now I see 0.1.8. I downloaded and started using and noticed all the CSS code is in one big paragraph. So is this still an issue? Thank-you again!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Ok, now I opened a new book to fix and the CSS looks back to normal. I may have viewed the other book after downloading 0.1.7 yesterday but didn't work on it. So I may have to redo that book.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libretecario View Post
I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 and Qt 4.5.2 . I've followed the instructions provided in the BuildingFromSource page from the wiki
You need Qt 4.6.0. It says so on the BuildingFromSource wiki page.