Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #16
Tekbro
Tekbro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobowifi N647
Davidfor,

any chance I could get a link to the SD image? My Kobo Wifi is also down since update 1.9.11 and I would love to have it working again. There was nothing wrong with it until this update.

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Tekbro: PM Sent
Old 02-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #18
alexfoti
alexfoti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Hi all

I have a model N647B Kobo Wifi and am in the same position.

Realy need the firmware image if anybody has it floating around?
Old 02-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

alexfoti: PM Sent
Old 02-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #20
Tekbro

Hello davidfor,

Thank you for the link. I was able to re-image the SD card, then re-update. I am back to reading on my Kobo wifi. : )
Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Tekbro: That's great to hear. There have been a lot of failures with the image, so I have been wondering if there is a problem with it.

But, you might be able to answer a question.

There are actually two version of the WiFi. They seem to have different CPUs; one is a Marvell 166e, the other a Freescale iMX357. I don't know if there is an external difference, but once they have the 1.9.11 firmware on them, they have different USB device ids. The Freescale has 0x4162 and the Marvell has 0x4165. Could you look when connected to a PC and tell me?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else as well. As I said, I don't know if there is an external difference, but if you still have the device open, there should be a chip on the board labelled with the names and numbers above. If we find only one version is having problems, maybe we can get it sorted out.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #22
desoto
desoto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
kobo wifi affected by latest update

My bricked kobo wifi was unable to be resuscitated. I contacted Kobo, despite the negative reviews of Kobo customer care, and they responded within 24 hrs with steps to rectify the problem. In my case, those steps did not work.
My Kobo wifi is almost two years old and thus out of warranty. However, Kobo is owning up to the problem and doing what it can to make things right. They are sending me a re-furbished unit. This is way more than I expected.
So, please try contacting them. They may have been unresponsive in the past, but figuring out that there is a problem, what it is, who is affected, how many are affected, and then working out a solution takes time in any company. I applaud them for doing the right thing.
(and no, I don't work for Kobo).
Best of luck to you all.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #23
AskzYDre
Enthusiast
AskzYDre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Desoto, that is great that Kobo did the right thing. Did you call them or email? I'm inside that two year window as well, had one replaced inside the one year period and it still didn't fix it. Now they have thus far refused to do anything further. They love to ask for the receipt and then tell you that you are out of warranty. Twice they have inserted a sentence in their replies that basically says, "We're truly sorry, but hey at least you still have access to your books". Wow, what a stupid response. I won't buy another Kobo.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #24
desoto
desoto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
kobo support

My first contact with Kobo was via their support page, via email.

I also emailed shasan at kobobooks.com (replace "at" with @), but don't know if that helped or not.

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #25
Tekbro

Hello davidfor,

my device appears as 0x4162, so it must be a Freescale. I hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #26
Arano
Arano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi davidfor

I've the same issue here, can I get the SD card image too ?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:42 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Arano: PM sent.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #28
Arano
Arano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Erf, i was so stressed to get an image i didn't even think that's the Kobo WiFI topic.
Mine's Aura HD -_-
Old 02-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #29
sergeyuskach
sergeyuskach began at the beginning.

Device: k0bo
Can you send me Kobo-wifi 18 image ? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by desoto View Post
That forced update bricked my kobo wifi, too. Any chance you can send the image to me?
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyuskach View Post
What do you mean by "Kobo-wifi 18"? I have an image for the Kobo WiFi, but don't know if it is an "18" or not, or even what that is.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi