Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #781
gter1965
gter1965 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle DX, Pyrus Maxi, Pyrus Mini
I would like to send underlined passages of an ebook through twitter not only facebook
gter1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #782
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
I'd like Kobo to enable time and date to be displayed full
screen, then I can say I have a Smart Watch
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #783
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I wish that swiping would work on _any_ screen content that is subdivided into pages.

At the moment, there are some screens where you can swipe to turn pages and others where there are page turn buttons.

This is simply not consistent and cumbersome...
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #784
Lilithkrakatoa
Lilithkrakatoa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
I would like to send underlined passages of an ebook through twitter not only facebook

Enviado desde mi BN NookHD+ usando Tapatalk 4
Lilithkrakatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #785
wasabi68
wasabi68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I would love to have a PIN to unlock the reader. My 11 years old son should not be able to get in touch with books designed for adults as easily as it´s possible with kobo glo.
This was one of the well-thought features of my former Sony PRS-T1

THX, wasabi68
wasabi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #786
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
One feature I'd like to see is support for the opf:file-as attribute in author metadata.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #787
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithkrakatoa View Post
Enviado desde mi BN NookHD+ usando Tapatalk 4
First, I would like the underline function to work properly, not nearly at random as it does now (Kobo Touch Mark 3).
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #788
navderek
navderek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Static IP Configuration

C'mon Kobo!! Really! Just bought my first eReader today, the Kobo Aura HD and to my surprise it is not compatible with WiFi Static IP network...seriously! I got in touch with Kobo Help chat and they confirmed that I wasn't losing my mind...yes this "feature" is not available...hahahahahahaha EPIC FAIL.

Going back to the store to return first thing in the morning. Sad sad sad...

To all of you who would say just run a DHCP network that is not a valid argument. Many many people require a static IP network for many reasons. I'm not asking for the world here, just expecting something released in 2013 would have pre-2000 LAN settings available on it. Geeze.
navderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #789
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by navderek View Post
C'mon Kobo!! Really! Just bought my first eReader today, the Kobo Aura HD and to my surprise it is not compatible with WiFi Static IP network...seriously! I got in touch with Kobo Help chat and they confirmed that I wasn't losing my mind...yes this "feature" is not available...hahahahahahaha EPIC FAIL.
Now I'm curious - which eink readers can you do this on?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #790
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From a quick RTFM I sense that Kindle does.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #791
u3lvbzx02
u3lvbzx02 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Kobo Aura HD
I would like to have simpler page turns for PDF's that are zoomed in. As it is now, I have to first swipe left to find the next page button, then push that to get to the next page, and then re-center the page to continue reading...

Ideally, for consistency, the normal 3 zones should be kept for zoomed-in PDF's as well: left region -> previous page, mid region -> menu, right region -> next page. As it is now, no matter where I touch the page of a zoomed-in PDF I get the menu.
u3lvbzx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #792
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I'd just like to have the annotations list show up in some kind of order. Knowing what chapters they're in would be nice, too.

(More info: I was proofreading a book on my Glo, using annotations to mark errors. I foolishly expected to be able to pull up the annotations list, have it be in order, and use that to quickly fix the problems. Didn't quite work that way...)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #793
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Customization of sleep and turn off screens - add texts and/or date and time and choose the position on screen of custom text. Also, possibility to add sketchpad pictures to turned off and sleep screens.
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #794
dclauzel
Enthusiast
dclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to behold

I would like profiles, so several persons can use the Aura HD with their own preferences (fonts, light, reading progression, etc). Then you would be able to switch from one profile to another. It is very annoying to have to set back all the time the reading parameters.
dclauzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #795
dclauzel
Enthusiast
dclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to behold

IPv6 support is really necessary, now. Easy to activate in the kernel compilation, transparent for the user, and solve a lot of network problems.
dclauzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo