Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #1
KindleH
KindleH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 5.4.3.2
Model not supported

Hi
I haven't succeeded to jailbreak my Kindle PW2 (Wifi only + Tactile). The "Update Your Kindle" link stays grayed out. I brought it in France and the first four serial number are 9017.
Thanks.
KindleH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleH View Post
Hi
I haven't succeeded to jailbreak my Kindle PW2 (Wifi only + Tactile). The "Update Your Kindle" link stays grayed out. I brought it in France and the first four serial number are 9017.
Thanks.
Use the packages from NiLuJe's Snapshot thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

Last edited by knc1; 09-26-2014 at 09:10 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
KindleH

Kual launcher not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Use the packages from NiLuJe's Snapshot thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030
I have succeeded to Jailbreak my device but I have a problem with Kual launcher. When I click on it I get this error message : "The application you have selected failed to start, please try again" (in French).

What can I do?
Old 09-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have succeeded to Jailbreak my device but I have a problem with Kual launcher. When I click on it I get this error message : "The application you have selected failed to start, please try again" (in French).

What can I do?
Re-check your current firmware version in the "settings" menu.

That sounds like earlier 5.4 versions that Amazon "broke" Kindlet support in.
(Unless they broke it again. )
Old 09-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
KindleH

I have firmware version 5.4.3.2.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I have firmware version 5.4.3.2.
Try a different Kindlet (even an Amazon one).

AND/OR

Check the Amazon user's forum, see there are any reports that this newest release broke Kindlet's again.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(All) Kindlets are broken on FW < 5.4.5 on those devices. Upgrade.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(All) Kindlets are broken on FW < 5.4.5 on those devices. Upgrade.
Drat!
I forgot the current firmware version on that device.

Well, at least I recognized the error message.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:41 AM   #9
KindleH

Thanks it worked now. How can I quit KoReader? I have searched but doesn't found any solution to that. I have installed the stable version.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You should ask that on the Koreader thread, I think. But since you've asked here: Touch the upper or lower section of the screen and use the "Home" icon in the top menu.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote