Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #16
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlyth View Post
Done !!!!
Thanks for logging this. Hopefully Tim can sort it out.

I have never tweaked a book in calibre before. Do I simply delete the whole line?
the CSS says:

margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 5pt;
margin-right: 5pt;
margin-top: 0;

Do I delete the two middle lines (left and right margins), then save the .css?
Just thought I'd better check in case I can stuff something up!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Thanks for logging this. Hopefully Tim can sort it out.

I have never tweaked a book in calibre before. Do I simply delete the whole line?
the CSS says:

margin-left: 5pt;
margin-right: 5pt;

Do I delete the two middle lines (left and right margins), then save the .css?
Just thought I'd better check in case I can stuff something up!
Becomes....

margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Becomes....

margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
That didn't actually work - the margins became fixed at 0 on the KT and I couldn't change them. However, I deleted the line completely and left no reference to left or right margins. That worked.

Thanks for your help everyone.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #19
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
You can delete the CSS for the margins right in Calibre itself. For a single book:

Right click on a book
Choose Convert books/convert individually
Click on Look and Feel
Click on the Filter Style Information tab
Select Margins so that it has a check next to it
Click OK

Let Calibre do its thing and the CSS for Margins will be removed. You then have full control over the margins when you load the book on your Kobo Touch.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #20
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Don't forget to check too the square "Remove spacing between paragraphs"... if not, calibre will add space.
So you need check squares "remove spacing" AND "Margins".
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
dracul72
dracul72 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbdsf View Post
Don't forget to check too the square "Remove spacing between paragraphs"... if not, calibre will add space.
So you need check squares "remove spacing" AND "Margins".
In what way will calibre add space between the paragraphs? Will it add space when you make the margins larger using the slider in the kobo?
dracul72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul72 View Post
In what way will calibre add space between the paragraphs? Will it add space when you make the margins larger using the slider in the kobo?
Without "remove space between paragraphs" the style for paragraphs is to put a space between them and not indent the first line. With it checked, the space between paragraphs is the same as the space between lines. Plus you get the "Indent size" field is enabled. With this checked, the text will look more like a paper book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #23
dracul72
dracul72 began at the beginning.

Thanks for the clarification!
dracul72 is offline   Reply With Quote