Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #31
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Thanks, Mobileread Readers!

Well, I can't say it much better than..

Lots of mobileread coupons redeemed, along with some lovely folks investing the $1.99 retail for Boomerang*. The day job isn't in any danger of becoming history, but I have to say that the only thing that improves a day more than a growing download report is when I receive a nice note from someone who has read (or is in the midst of reading) Boomerang to let me know they are enjoying it.

*Once the royalties actually start making their way from Smashwords, Barnes and Noble and Amazon, half is going straight to the Mountain View High School Toro Band. Wish I could tell you your purchase is tax deductible, but t'ain't so.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #32
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Things are gonna get kind of hectic here (and, I'm sure, at your household too) with the holidays and all, so I wanted to take this opportunity to remind mobileread members that the coupon on Boomerang will expire at the end of the month.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a General Round of Good Wishes to all.

Best,
Alan

Coupon Code for Boomerang at Smashwords: GK59K (new code, good through Dec. 31, 2009)

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167
Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #33
plumboz
Novelist

Closing in on the goal!

A few days ago I mentioned that I had a goal of 500 downloads for Boomerang by the end of the year. Although it is not possible for me to have a precise day to day count now that it has become available at Barnes and Noble, Amazon and Smashwords are great with regular updates. And I am glad to say that we are inches away from the 400 download mark! That counts coupon use and actual sales. Thanks to the mobileread members who have added Boomerang to your libraries. I would love to have you let me know what you think.

Best,
Alan

Old 12-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #34
plumboz
Novelist

Two weeks left on the coupon.

Here is a link to the section of my blog that has the opening chapters of Boomerang.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Alan
Old 12-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #35
plumboz
Novelist

Just wanted ya'll to know I don't really look like the little fellow to the left.

My eyes are blue.

Last edited by plumboz; 12-18-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #36
plumboz
Novelist

Not that there is anything wrong with the little man in the tuxedo. A lingering case of anchovy breath, but nothing that can't be made right with a Tic-Tac or three.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #37
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Just wanted ya'll to know I don't really look like the little fellow to the left.

My eyes are blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Not that there is anything wrong with the little man in the tuxedo. A lingering case of anchovy breath, but nothing that can't be made right with a Tic-Tac or three.
Looks like you are having fun.

How are the sales and ranking going?

PS When is the sequel coming out?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #38
plumboz
Novelist

Hi dreams,

Of course I am having fun. What's the point of not?

As for sales and rankings, well, all I can say is that bringing Boomerang out as an ebook has been great in giving me the opportunity to reach readers who probably never would have even considered checking out my work.

Sequel? Oh, you bet I've got a sequel in the works. In Close Enough for Jazz, Ted and Jerry have to first keep tabs on and then rescue a pampered teenager in the US on a cultural exchange program. That was begun when I had hopes that Boomerang might make a bit of a splash in the Publishing World. But keeping in mind that my family (especially my Beloved) has a right to eventually see me turn some sort of profit off this time consuming obsession of mine, "Jazz" has been necessarily put on the backburner for now as I concentrate on what I hope is a more conventionally marketable book called The Baer Boys*. I think both are wonderful books (so far, I mean I'm only about a third the way done with either), but for now I think it is best to concentrate on one, and that one is The Baer Boys.

Of course, I will jump right back to the new Ted and Jerry adventure if Boomerang finds a receptive readership significant enough to make a publisher say "Hmm! Lookee there!"

Now 'scuse me whilst I polish my spats!

Alan

*I have the first three chapters on my wordpress blog.
Writing a Novel Living a Life

Last edited by plumboz; 12-19-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #39
plumboz
Novelist

Here's the latest review for Boomerang on Smashwords.

This very funny book had great characters and a fast-moving plot. The reader is led to wonder what could possibly be so special about the title object. A madcap quest takes the various groups of people closer and closer to the goal. Each of them will have very different reasons. Messed-up hotels, dodgy cars, and a slew of other details makes this novel seem like it could happen to you. I loved this book. It would make a great movie, too.

Thanks, Donna Rail!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #40
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Well, life does seem to get in the way sometimes. Then those pesky bills always seem to want to be paid.

Congratulations on the nice review. It's always great to hear from readers how much they enjoyed reading Boomerang (I really did.) I still have my that, by some miracle, a sequel will appear.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #41
plumboz
Novelist

No miracles required, just some more time. That story ain't going anywhere except down on paper and then out to whoever cares to read it.

And I hope many of the same readers will warm to The Baer Boys.

A big thanks to all the mobileread members who have downloaded Boomerang these past few days. I hope you enjoy it!

Alan

Last edited by plumboz; 12-20-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: insert word "enjoy". It kinda makes more sense that way
Old 12-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #42
plumboz
Novelist

Grab your coat,
And get your hat.
Leave your worries
On the doorstep.
Life can be so sweet,
On the sunny side of the street.

Or something like that.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by plumboz; 12-21-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Alan,

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for posting the coupon code way back when. I grabbed a copy of your book from Smashwords and added it to my queue. It finally made it to the top of the list and I'm about 3/4 of the way through now. I've really enjoyed the book so far and will certainly check out your next book (whichever one you end up publishing first -- although if I get to have a vote, I'd lobby for another Jerry and Ted adventure) when it's published.

Happy holidays.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #44
plumboz
Novelist

Croptop,

Thanks for the very kind note. That sort of thing takes a day and makes it some sort of terrific, believe you me.

I hope Boomerang continues to entertain all the way to the end. And thanks for the vote for another Ted and Jerry adventure.

If you are so inspired, a review, however brief, at any of the venues carrying Boomerang (Smashwords, Amazon, Barnes and Noble) would be wonderful. Oh, and tell your friends! Especially the ones with $1.99 to spare.

But in any case, thanks so much for letting me know you are enjoying it. You have made my day!

Best,
Alan
Old 12-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #45
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Alan thanks again just finished Boomerang and posted a review at Smashwords. Merry Christmas and get the next book done. :0
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote