Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #61
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
For what it's worth, I ended up emailing the support at Kobo and they took care of this for me. I had to send them the exact name of the offending shelves; they did some sort of something on their end and then they were gone.
That makes sense since the names of the shelves are stored on Kobo's backend servers as well as the local device. If something is screwing up there making the shelves non-removable, it would have to be fixed at their end.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #62
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Say what you mean Kobo...

I'm playing the current Trivia contest, and I had to click on a "Play Now!" button three times before I actually got to the question.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #63
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
If the issues here are on the server side, maybe Kobo should create some sort of control panel to the user account on the website where users can do some very basic book management, like
  • creating/deleting/renaming shelves
Reading preferences
  • which book categories you like and don't like (and don't get book recommendations of book categories you're never gonna buy)
  • which book languages you want to recieve offers/recommendations in.
Modifications will be synced to all devices.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #64
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I like those website suggestions. They'd come in handy for me in several situations, especially when I buy something I've already read and don't need to put it on my devices.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote