Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #16
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Your account should be ready right away - try signing in with the number you used and your username. I was waiting on a confirmation email which never came (which is why I started this thread ).
I had to play with it a bit, I couldn't log in on the first page, anyway, it worked and I have already d/l a book, one I was looking for.

So again, thanks a lot, your thread helped a lot.

Cheers
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #17
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyeen View Post
Is anyone here a member of the Singapore Public Library, or have experience registering for membership?
I just did and it was very easy and took a few minutes. They don't ask for anymore personal information than this forum did, less actually, all you are required to give for information is a name, password and a passport number, but as we were discussing, unless you are going to be in Singapore anytime soon, any number should work.

Good luck
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I had to play with it a bit, I couldn't log in on the first page, anyway, it worked and I have already d/l a book, one I was looking for.
Cool! Happy to hear you're all set up
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I've already got my "card". No email, however. And just a question, how do you find ebooks in this web?

Edited: Forget my question, I found the "eresources page".

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 01-23-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #20
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, I've already got my "card". No email, however.
Apparently, despite what the site says after you sign up, they don't send confirmation emails; here's the response I got to my query about that:

"Thank you for your enquiry. Regarding the confirmation email, our system do not generate such notices upon the creation of the digital library account."
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Apparently, despite what the site says after you sign up, they don't send confirmation emails; here's the response I got to my query about that:

"Thank you for your enquiry. Regarding the confirmation email, our system do not generate such notices upon the creation of the digital library account."
So are you saying this is all free? They just ask for a passport number, and that's it?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #22
Loosheesh
Wizard

Yes, it's free and in less than 5 minutes, you can up and running. Here are a couple of shots of the sign up screen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sign up1.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	65360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sign up2.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	65361  
Old 01-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I looked at the site the other day, but originally I was in another section that said there was a fee of something like $40 for foreigners. Then I found the section you're referring to that asked for the passport number, but I hesitated and didn't sign up. Still not sure how I feel about it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #24
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
National Library of Singapore offers 16,841 ebooks. That's a very generous amount. However, only 2553 are epubs and 1049 of them are fiction titles.
5953 are PDF fiction titles.

Foreigners have registration and annual fees to borrow physical items.
Registration does say eResource access in library only so it's possible it may be a temporary account.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Registration does say eResource access in library only so it's possible it may be a temporary account.
Maybe not temporary but restricted? If I try to access the NLB eResources, it asks me to log in (which I do with the Username and Password I used to open the account) but everything I click on gives me this message: "You can access this eResource at the library only." But I can access and borrow from the Digital Catalogue (where I log in with the FIN# [passport # used] and Username).
Old 01-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #26
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Since I dont have a passport, how many digits are needed?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #27
Loosheesh
Wizard

6 digits should do it
Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #28
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thank you!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #29
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Maybe not temporary but restricted? If I try to access the NLB eResources, it asks me to log in (which I do with the Username and Password I used to open the account) but everything I click on gives me this message: "You can access this eResource at the library only." But I can access and borrow from the Digital Catalogue (where I log in with the FIN# [passport # used] and Username).
That was my problem until I found the Digital Catalogue. I think the other links are for browsing at the computers inside the building.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:43 AM   #30
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
My passport # is just numerals and they don't ask you for country of residence, so I'm not worried on that end. I think you can probably use any string of #s anyway 'cause it's not like they can verify whether this is actually your passport #
ah! ok! *stuffs tin hat in pocket*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote