Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Original screensaver files in Linux file system ?

I found the original screensaver image files in the real file system
/opt/amazon/screen_saver/
But it's just a sym-link to /mnt/us/system/screen_saver/
Maybe because I use a screensaver hack.

So, where is the original screensaver files must be ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
... In /opt/amazon/screen_saver.

If you have a ss hack running, either unmount the bind mount(s) or unlink the symlink(s) [and restore the backup'ed original dir] it's using.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-13-2010 at 07:04 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
meem
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Well, If I uninstall screensaver hack I'll found them in: /opt/amazon/screen_saver/ ?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yes. But your ss hack probably made of backup of them. (/opt/amazon/screen_saver/XxY.hack.backup where XxY is the screen size of your device?)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
meem

Thanks alot.
Advert

Tags
screensaver files, screen_saver, system/screen_saver