Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #31
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Stewart and McKellan in the same play? My head would explode with joy if I got to watch that
Then maybe it's best you're missing it!! I, for one, would certainly hate to hear that your head exploded!!

I just told Shannon about Patrick Stewart - I was right! She is jealous!! (I am getting way to much enjoyment about that! )

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #32
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
For those who have expressed an interest :

Waiting For Godot - The Play Website
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #33
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Stewart and McKellan in the same play? My head would explode with joy if I got to watch that
I fear I may experience the same issue - I am hoping to postpone the head explosion until after the performance
Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #34
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I just told Shannon about Patrick Stewart - I was right! She is jealous!!
Doesn't mention any of the Shakespeare in Strafford upon Avon he has seen him in...............
Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #35
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I fear I may experience the same issue - I am hoping to postpone the head explosion until after the performance
You might need a sturdy hat to keep it all in I did see (televised) an interesting version of Godot with Rick Mayall and Adrian Edmonson, many years ago. It was odd because you kept expecting one of them to crack the other over the head with a frying pan
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #36
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
You might need a sturdy hat to keep it all in I did see (televised) an interesting version of Godot with Rick Mayall and Adrian Edmonson, many years ago. It was odd because you kept expecting one of them to crack the other over the head with a frying pan
Yes that would have been very interesting - I may not have been able to make it all the way through that without makng some sort of disgusting noise lol
Old 05-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #37
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i saw waiting for godot once in the theater, but i can't remember who was playing in it (this was years ago). it was an excellent production though ; i really enjoyed it. i've never been bothered by reading plays, in fact sometimes i prefer it, but that one was really an excellent experience.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #38
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Doesn't mention any of the Shakespeare in Strafford upon Avon he has seen him in...............
Okay, that's just cold!! But good ammunition for making Shannon even more jealous!!

I am such a baaaad mother!!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #39
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
For those who have expressed an interest :

Waiting For Godot - The Play Website
It was reviewed on BBC2's 'Newsnight Review' yesterday - now available on the BBC's iPlayer for anyone who's interested.

The other items reviewed were the new Star Trek movie, and Colm Toibin's novel 'Brooklyn'.

Apart from Tom Paulin hamming up his trademark curmudgeonliness, it was a pretty interesting programme.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #40
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
Well, all of those things are great, but I am right now celebrating something that, arguably, tops all of your great achievements. Today, I have finally reached the irritating itch on my back which has been eluding me literally for hours. Exciting stuff. I'm trying to come up with a fresh unknown to play me in the movie. Suggestions are welcome.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #41
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
Today, I have finally reached the irritating itch on my back which has been eluding me literally for hours.
Now I am jealous - nothing half as exciting or on the edge as that ever happens to me!!
Old 05-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #42
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
Well, all of those things are great, but I am right now celebrating something that, arguably, tops all of your great achievements. Today, I have finally reached the irritating itch on my back which has been eluding me literally for hours. Exciting stuff. I'm trying to come up with a fresh unknown to play me in the movie. Suggestions are welcome.
Name:  flaming_wow.gif
Views: 108
Size:  36.7 KB

No doubt about it - YOU WIN.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #43
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
Even though my achievement can never be topped, I do hope this thread will stay alive. Otherwise I will not have a place to announce the squeezing out of my numerous zits.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #44
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Now I am jealous - nothing half as exciting or on the edge as that ever happens to me!!
Well, I'm not into excitement, surprises or being on the edge . . .

But I've got some of my own observations to commemorate. Schmaltzy maybe, but pragmatically true nonetheless.

I wake up each morning in a warm, comfortable bed, in my own average home, safe and comfortable, protected from the weather outside.

I enjoy indoor plumbing and clean running water. I have my own tiny kitchen where I can open the pantry/refrigerator at any time of my choosing and find food of some kind (though not necessarily what I may desire) that I can eat whenever I choose to.

I have the freedom and ability to come and go as I please at any time. I can walk or drive, skip or jump if I wish. I can go to church (or not), I can vote (or not), I can read/write (or not) as I choose.

I'm fortunate enough to still be employed at the same job for nearly 18 years and don't hate it. My spouse is also still employed (but hates it) and together we earn enough to get by with what we need.

My daughter has three trades, but practices the one she prefers (and probably yields her the least income of the 3) for employment (still employed at the same job for over 10 years), lives on her own and supports herself well enough to get by also.

Aside from some cronic mediocre physical complaints, my family members are relatively healthy of body and mind (mostly.)

We have two dogs that round out the family and fill the house with toys and play, furballs and the occassional woof, but always the face lick.

I have less than some, but more than so many more.

If I didn't sleep well, I try to remember I at least have a bed and a roof over my head.

When I need a plumber, I try to remember at least I have something to plumb.

When I get hungry and can't find anything to my liking, I try to remember I am not starving or doing without.

When I hate the fact I need to go shopping, I try to remember at least there's a store to go to, money to buy the groceries and a vehicle to get me there and back.

When I'm having a bad day at work, I ALWAYS remember how fortunate I am in these times, to even have a job to go to.

When my back is killing me, my feet hurt and I have a headache, I try not to dwell on it because it will pass and I'll feel better. When so many people out there are in constant suffering with painful, debilitating, crippling and progressively life-threatening conditions, the last thing I need to be doing is complaining about my temporary discomfort and allow myself a pitty-party. Boo-hoo on me.

There aren't enough fingers and toes in the world to count everything I have to celebrate every day. I am very fortunate and subliminally fear becoming less fortunate.

So although it may sound mushy, sentimental or even pretentious, we should get up every morning and . . .

Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance to the Music . . .

Name:  its_all_good.gif
Views: 117
Size:  74.3 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what a beautiful thought, lady blue. thanks for reminding us that there is always something to celebrate.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote