Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #46
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geared View Post
Shhh! We're not supposed to see that for another 3 hours 4 minutes (by my clock).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #47
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Looks like no SD card slot, which is a bother to some, but no issue to me. 4GB is plenty for my needs.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #48
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
There you go
http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/k...29-euro-62704/

Prices:
$129.99 (CA/US), €129.99 (EU), £109.99 (UK), $179.99 (AU), $219.99 (NZ)
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #49
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
There you go
http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/k...29-euro-62704/

Prices:
$129.99 (CA/US), €129.99 (EU), £109.99 (UK), $179.99 (AU), $219.99 (NZ)
Thank you!

Page is live but can't pre-order

Link

Says something about library books too.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-07-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:25 AM   #50
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Preorder @ http://www.kobo.com/koboglohd

Kobo Glo HD Technical Specs
Display 6” Carta E Ink HD touchscreen with ultra-high resolution of 1448 x 1072, 300 ppi
Device Size 157 x 115 x 9.2 mm
Weight 180 g
Connectivity Wi Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Micro USB
Processor 1 GHz
Light Fully adjustable built-in ComfortLight technology.
Buttons Power on/off
Storage 4 GB
Battery Up to 2 months*
Colours Black
Content Over 4 million of the best titles the world has to offer in books, comics and kids' titles.
Reading Life™ Kobo's exclusive reading experience. Read. Collect. Discover. Share.
TypeGenius 11 fonts, 48 sizes, exclusive weight and sharpness settings.
Kobo Picks Personal recommendations based on your feedback and interests.
Advanced Reading Notes, highlighting, dictionary, and bookmarks.
Kobo Collections Pre-curated bundles of related authors, eBooks, and articles based around a theme.
Stats and awards Learn more about yourself as a Reader and track your progress through books with reading stats. Enjoy spontaneous reading awards just for reading.
Sharing Share your favourite passages, quotes, and books to Facebook® Timeline
Web browsing Web browser
Supports file formats eBooks: EPUB, EPUB3, PDF, and MOBI
Text: TXT, HTML, XHTML, and RTF
Comic Books: CBZ and CBR
Supports ePub and Adobe DRM. Read books borrowed from your public library.
Kobo Apps Free Kobo apps for Mac and PC, Apple®, Android™, Blackberry 10, Windows 8 smartphones, and tablets. Your Kobo eBooks are stored safely in the cloud; retrieve them at any time. Your bookmarks and more are seamlessly synced across all your Kobo eReading apps and devices.
Languages English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Italian, and Portuguese.
Setup Set up Kobo Glo HD in just a few simple steps from your computer with Kobo Desktop, or directly from your Kobo Glo HD using built-in Wi Fi.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #51
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Any estimates on how soon Chapters will have it up for pre-order?
Old 04-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #52
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
The read books from a library seems to either have either been a part of other devices, at least the H2O, or added to their descriptions. The H2O also lists it in supported formats.

The Glo HD looks like everything we thought it would be, which means it's not going to tempt me in to replacing my H2O.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:35 AM   #53
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
There is a contest on that page open to anyone who wants to send Kobo a postcard:

Win 50 eBooks of your choice (from a list)
*No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction at the time of entry. Winner will receive their choice of fifty (50) complimentary eBooks, which may be chosen from a selected list as specified by Kobo. Redemption of the prize requires a Kobo account. One (1) automatic entry will be awarded for each Kobo Glo HD ordered between April 7, 2015 12:00AM EST and April 30, 2015 11:59PM EST. Only orders placed on www.kobo.com will be eligible. To enter without purchase, send a postcard with your name, address and email address to: Kobo Glo HD eBook Giveaway, 135 Liberty Street, Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1A7. Such entries must be received before May 1, 2015. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted or returned. Lost, late, or misdirected entries will not be the responsibility of Rakuten Kobo Inc. Winner will be selected on May 8, 2015 and will be contacted by email. Winner must correctly answer a skill-testing question in order to claim the prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The approximate value of the prize is $350 CAD.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #54
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
The Glo HD looks like everything we thought it would be, which means it's not going to tempt me in to replacing my H2O.
Ditto. Nice cover though.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #55
Antioch
Connoisseur
Antioch began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
*sigh* I just upgraded from my Nook STR to an Aura H2O, and while I love it, it's just large enough to be too uncomfortable. I think it has to do with the weight distribution, because it's only marginally larger than the STR but my hand gets much more tired when holding it. The Glo HD seems to be exactly what would work for me, but I can't justify having two readers and probably won't be able to sell off the H20.

Damn you, Kobo!! (lol)
Antioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #56
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
*sigh* I just upgraded from my Nook STR to an Aura H2O, and while I love it, it's just large enough to be too uncomfortable. I think it has to do with the weight distribution, because it's only marginally larger than the STR but my hand gets much more tired when holding it. The Glo HD seems to be exactly what would work for me, but I can't justify having two readers and probably won't be able to sell off the H20.

Damn you, Kobo!! (lol)
A tip for the H2O, since I also transitioned from a Nook (though for me it was the Glowlight), try holding the H2O from the bottom with the corner in the crook of your thumb and index finger. Your other fingers should run at a comfortable slant along the back of the H2O.

I found that was much easier than the way I was holding my Nook, from the side rather than the bottom.

Though if you did just buy it, you may be within the returns window.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

What is the price in Canada? There is no pre-order or pricing link available for US viewers.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:02 AM   #58
treadlightly
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
What is the price in Canada? There is no pre-order or pricing link available for US viewers.
$129.99
Old 04-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #59
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
It's even lighter than the Voyage (180g vs. 188g).
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #60
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
nice product! Curious to see it vs the Aura H2O ...
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote