Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
kermodi
kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PRS 505 and PRS - T1
Suggestion

SUGGESTION:

Probably a "girlie" thing ... but,

I'd like to see the desktop icon colors brightened up!

Right now Calibre has the 'muddiest' most drab colored icon out of of all 11 on my desktop!
kermodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Probably a 'blokey' thing - but I thought icons on desktops were a last century 'thing'

A single thread for 'feature requests' could soon become a multi thread, probably better to have a separate subforum - or have a convention in thread names - [Feature Request], [How do I ...], [Calibre Crash] etc.

Itimpi is correct in pointing out that there is a formal change request system, but some (many) enhancements are done as a result of issues raised in the forum. Presumably the developers raise the change request - Kovid even posts a link to code that implements the change to let the OP know.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-11-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: My2cents upgraded to My2dollars - worth
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Itimpi is correct in pointing out that there is a formal change request system, but some (many) enhancements are done as a result of issues raised in the forum. Presumably the developers raise the change request - Kovid even posts a link to code that implements the change to let the OP know.
Of course itimpi pointed this fact out over 2.5 years ago. I didn't want to bring to the fore an ancient thread titled "Calibre 'feature request' thread", so I separated out the posts to a new thread.

For others, if after discussing any feature you wish to learn how to submit an official enhancement request, read this page.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermodi View Post
SUGGESTION:

Probably a "girlie" thing ... but,

I'd like to see the desktop icon colors brightened up!

Right now Calibre has the 'muddiest' most drab colored icon out of of all 11 on my desktop!
I detest icons on my desktop, I prefer to keep a neatly organized Start Menu (I've seen screenshots of other people's desktop with so many icons everywhere it would make my head explode if I had to look at that daily).

But anyway... if you don't like the Calibre icon, simply right click the icon, select Properties at the bottom, and then click on "change icon", and pick whatever colorful icon you like. You can download icons from the net, or make your own if you're so inclined.

I'll admit there have been a few programs in the past with such ugly icons that I've changed them because I couldn't even stand to see them in my system tray or taskbar. It's a much simpler thing to simply change the icon to the shortcut though on your desktop.

But I like the subdued colors of the Calibre icon, it's just like books on your library shelf might be.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
But I like the subdued colors of the Calibre icon, it's just like books on your library shelf might be.
I like the looks of the icon also.
weltonsfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert