Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
endrancer
Enthusiast
endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Wink Show your Cover

I've been looking thoughout the forum to find some sort of thread for this but even using the search (only a quick one, duh.) I haven't found any thread so far.

Being a new kobo user for about a week, I have been looking for a nice case to carry and protect my kobo (glo hd), however when checking most instore as well as online, the available accessories are quite limited.

So I guess having a thread showing off cases/bags of users might be in help for everyone here. For the time being I ordered a case but I'll receive it some time next week.

I am highly interested in seeing your cases as well as some thoughts and experiences with it. It's not limited to any device. If someone has a trick up his sleeve having a nice cover for a device which is not exactly produced for a certain device but matches it's dimensions perfectly would be an awesome share as well.

The most interesting thing I've seen at amazon, was a 6 inch kindle sleeve which was a super steal for 3,50 eur but checking the dimensions i quickly canceled my purchase because the kindle is not quite a fit I guess, so I didn't want to make a big fuss for nothing.

For myself, I guess my most important thing is a very lightweight but overall good quality case/cover, many cases have been looking very thick and heavy, i guess having a small 6" e-reader gives it's advantage being a very light device away. Otherwise I rather stick with a simple case only if the colors or design is really matching my taste.....

I'd give my review for my case when i hold it in my hands next week.

Please note posting guidelines though, this is not supposed to be an advertisement thread.

Last edited by endrancer; 09-26-2015 at 05:53 PM.
endrancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've been using this Coodio cover on my Glo HD but in a medium shade of blue (which I can't find available anywhere again). The size of the Glo and Glo HD are similar enough that all of my older Glo covers fit the Glo HD.

I recently switched to this cover though since I really like the darker blue. The actual cover is slightly different than the picture shown, it doesn't have the usual small lip sticking out for the magnets on the side, rather it's a straight edge where the magnets are and adds very little width to the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dark Blue Cover.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	142324  

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-26-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
endrancer
Enthusiast
endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

when I checked online for several covers I've also seen the coodio cover... But man, the prices here they want 17 euro for those. They are not the most expensive ones anyways but out here they are like double the price...

regardless that, when i read some reviews about them on amazon, some people tend to say it's not fitting the device perfectly and describing the case as being quite thick which scared me off looking for another one.

generally i think they look quite good though and it's genuine leader. at least that's what they say... For this price point I don't want to know where the leather comes from though ...
Old 09-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That does seem very high compared to our prices, maybe try searching around to see if you can find better pricing available to you.

The Coodio cover is a hairline thicker compared to the other cover I linked. The cover to it feels stiffer, which will protect your screen better in the long run in case it's in a bag or purse and anything might be pressing against it. It's not really a thickness difference that you'll even notice. The 2nd cover I linked also has a smoother feel to it, which is just one of my quirks that I prefer when handling the reader.

I've used the Coodio on both my Glo and Glo HD and it fits them both perfectly. I'm wondering if the few who posted problems ordered the right cover for the right reader, Amazon sometimes groups all reviews together if the same cover is made for various readers.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #5
endrancer
Enthusiast

The product page on amazon said the cover is only for kobo glo, so at least it's not advertised as universal 6" e-ink reader. I don't think those are mixed up results, majority users were more or less happy with it, but i guess there're always some black sheeps out there who are very picky about the very smallest details... I don't want to make the coodio case look bad or something. I don't have it and according to what I read I skipped purchasing... From how it looks and the product description it seems to be a pretty great cover though.

anyhow, since I ordered another product I'll need to check that out first, there's always the option to send it back if it does not fit my needs but i'll see about that when it's here.

so generally speaking glo and glo hd will have the same fit? I've already read that the kobo touch is having the exact same size. Are cover for that fitting as well?

Anyone has "original Gecko" Cover for Kobo Glo HD? This seems to be the most reviewed cover of them all... But almost 24 Euro is quite a tag.
Advert
Old 09-26-2015, 09:16 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

I've got the Slimfit Gecko cover that I ordered for my original Glo. It's a very well made cover, the price is worth it, but I just didn't like dealing with that extra little flap to close it, it always got in my way. You have to make it a point to make sure it doesn't trigger a page turn when closing it. While reading I would bend it back so it was between the 2 cover layers to hold it in place, just another thing to deal with for me. So I wanted a plain book-type cover without any extra flap.

It's not that there's a universal 6" reader cover, but the Glo and Glo HD are so similar in size that all the various Glo covers I have fit the Glo HD. There's enough give to the plastic shells that the Glo HD would snap in without any problems for me, and wasn't too snug to be able to remove it like usual. The Glo HD is 1 mm taller and .8 mm narrower than the Glo.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #7
Byron4120
Enthusiast
Byron4120 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch
Omoton

My wife & I chose Omoton covers for our Glo HDs. Lightweight closes securely, sleep function works perfectly and does not cost much (around $11 US at Amazon) - Is it perfect? Almost - would love a spot for business card so can be contacted after forgetting kobo on the plane (sigh done that and recovered touch via card on case). Also would love a locking open magnet as well. Available in a couple of artistic covers and variety of solids. I would recommend it to others readily.
Byron4120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:14 AM   #8
endrancer
Enthusiast

Omoton Covers are not available at all here. Reads itself on the product page well too, it's very funny their describe themself as top quality workmanship ... i assume they, like all other produce in asia, where a worker assembles a dozen covers an hour ...

i guess amazon-com is just on another level compared to here. with over 4400 reviews being 85% top notch this case (kindle version) must be convincing.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've ordered two from eBay, both under £10. If I had seen the second one first I would have just ordered that. I don't have them yet so can't say how good they are.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1916982611...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3613919048...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron4120 View Post
My wife & I chose Omoton covers for our Glo HDs. Lightweight closes securely, sleep function works perfectly and does not cost much (around $11 US at Amazon) - Is it perfect? Almost - would love a spot for business card so can be contacted after forgetting kobo on the plane (sigh done that and recovered touch via card on case). Also would love a locking open magnet as well. Available in a couple of artistic covers and variety of solids. I would recommend it to others readily.
The Omoton has a gorgeous rose map, but alas they are only available in the U.S. and won't ship to Europe
Old 09-27-2015, 09:14 AM   #11
endrancer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've ordered two from eBay, both under £10. If I had seen the second one first I would have just ordered that. I don't have them yet so can't say how good they are.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1916982611...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3613919048...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The second one has a nice design, though it's more for ladies - at least in my oppinion...

I'd appreciate a cover which has the looks and structure of a jeans maybe with included small pocket just like a real one ( for those who know diesel perfumes ) ...

Last edited by endrancer; 09-27-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

You could try looking on Aliexpress, that seems to be where the eBay sellers get their stock from, sometimes you find things that aren't on eBay. I got a really nice sleek Surface 3 cover on there that just wasn't anywhere else.

http://www.aliexpress.com
Old 09-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #13
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrancer View Post
The second one has a nice design, though it's more for ladies - at least in my oppinion...

I'd appreciate a cover which has the looks and structure of a jeans maybe with included small pocket just like a real one ( for those who know diesel perfumes ) ...
I can't find Jeans in Alliexpress but this did come up which I haven't seen yet on eBay.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultra...74_75,201409_1
Old 09-27-2015, 04:23 PM   #14
Dave R
Dave R began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
I use a coodio sleep cover from Amazon on my H2O. It is a perfect fit (and puts reader to sleep when closed). They do them for other Kobo's and in various colours so should be one to fit yours.
Search in Amazon for "coodio sleep cover glo"

Dave
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #15
endrancer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
You could try looking on Aliexpress, that seems to be where the eBay sellers get their stock from, sometimes you find things that aren't on eBay. I got a really nice sleek Surface 3 cover on there that just wasn't anywhere else.

http://www.aliexpress.com
yeah, there are several chinese suppliers who even rebrand to your heart's content if you were to order in bulk. i guess with the raising price there are having a bit better quality control at their factories.

I have had experience with other things bought from sites like that, however I am not willing to wait for 1-2 months just for a cover.

Tags
bag, case, kobo, protect, sleeve