Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #31
Criss
Criss began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2
:O....ok it was my mistake...I was pasting the archive on my phone...that's why it restarts...let me see if it works now

Wow...now's worst it turns red annd then black...is that normal?? im freaked out

Last edited by Criss; 06-04-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Criss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #32
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Step 7 seems to be a troublespot in the guide. I'll look at it later and see if I can clarify it.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #33
Criss

thanx...my phone is now turning blue..and then it restarts :S
Old 06-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #34
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The first part of the video will show you what you should see as xdandroid boots. How far do you get before you blue screen?

Honestly though, ultimately, what I'm going to tell you is to try another kernel. It's hit or miss, experimental, as the guide notes. If you continue to have problems after that, you might benefit from starting over completely. Remove all android stuff from your SD, start from step 1, and follow the steps very closely. Sometimes it's easier to start from scratch than to isolate one tiny missed step.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #35
Criss

ok, i change the kernel to the recents, it boots normaly it starts like the one in the vid, but when i touch any app or even the phone it restarts...it;s like having an android for 5- 10 min and then poof windows again :/
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #36
Marseille
Guru

FRX07 has arrived, 7/15/11. No long instructions for updating, it's already up to date, just download the bundle and follow the 5 easy steps you find here.

If you didn't want to do all that updating before, or it didn't work before, now is an ideal time to try again. CDMA users get basic 3.5mm support (no mic, no inline buttons yet). MMS have been fixed, video issues have improved, and a variety of other fixes have been applied.

BT still isn't completely functional, but they're getting closer.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #37
ultraman56k
ultraman56k will become famous soon enoughultraman56k will become famous soon enoughultraman56k will become famous soon enoughultraman56k will become famous soon enoughultraman56k will become famous soon enoughultraman56k will become famous soon enoughultraman56k will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
Wow the update is so sweet. I use Android on my TP2 mainly for Google Navigation and Voice Texting. It's so stable now. Now all it needs is some speed improvements... Perhaps if this can be installed as a rom...
ultraman56k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:15 AM   #38
Marseille
Guru

I switched from the default launcher to ADW and set system persistent in the options to prevent launcher redraws. It made a big difference for me in terms of performance and waiting, but YMMV (depends on whether you have redraws). I also installed the supercharger script, described here with a few other tweaks. My only real stability issue since installing FRX07 is a quick reboot (not back to winmo, just to the android boot sequence) after installing apps. One theory you'll find in that thread is that changing the sd read ahead setting might alleviate that. I plan to do some testing on that this weekend, but overall, I'm pretty happy with things.

As to a ROM, there's a nand version of xdandroid in testing, but it's not stable. Perhaps someday...