Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Logiedan
Logiedan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Nook 2 Predictions

What are all of your predictions for the release date and features of the Nook 2? I'm not very up to date on the Nook rumor mill, so I'm curious what is expected by the press as well as just hearing all of your opinions.
Logiedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
B&N just slipstreamed a minor update to the 3G Nook, which seems to be for cost saving (lower manufacturing cost). B&N would not bother to do this if the Nook was at the end of its life.

On the other hand, I can't see the Nook selling well at Christmas against the Kindle and Sony Readers both with EInk Pearl screens.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
sarahsbloke
Connoisseur
sarahsbloke began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook, Kindle Keyboard
I predict no Nook 2
sarahsbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
MangaEbooker
Connoisseur
MangaEbooker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Wasn't there rumors of one releasing at the end of the year? Not sure, I remember a couple articles faintly from months ago.

I would say end of next year, why bother right now, besides the new pearl screens this one still has the best screen from what I hear...
MangaEbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:54 AM   #5
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
It will look more like the Kindle 3 than the Nook 1.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Maybe the slipstreamed update to the 3G nook was for thinner parts.

I'm guessing it will be more a 1.5 than a 2.0
-Same form factor, maybe just a little bit thinner.
-Pearl screen.
-New shell color.
-More memory.
-Updated OS.

That or no update at all.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Pearl screen
udated Android OS
couple more apps

otherwise not much to change, it's design is the gold standard heck even the Kindle 3 cleaned up some it's ugly hardware to resemble the Nook.

Personally I don't really see the need, as long as we keep getting solid Firmware updates it'll continue to be the best looking and the most enjoyable e-reader out there.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Does B&N have the cash for a new nook development?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
The two things I would really like are folders, or book organization, and a lighter nook.

Chances are they'll update something simple that they can tout as a number % better than the competition.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
chichichobits
chichichobits began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have no idea but would assume it would have pearl ink, lighter, various colors, folders, and more memory
chichichobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
Bateman
I simply am not there.
Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: BCO v.2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsbloke View Post
I predict no Nook 2
Ditto (link).
Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #12
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
Ditto (link).
My favorite quote from the article italics mine:

"I still yearn for someone intelligent who can recommend a good book."
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
jackinca
Connoisseur
jackinca began at the beginning.

Device: sony 900
Here's one of the greatest spy novels ever written, and you do not have to be intelligent to realize it: The Eye of the Needle.
jackinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by sarahsbloke View Post
I predict no Nook 2
Bateman;1063885
Ditto (link).
If so, then why are they busy building 1,000 sq. ft. nook boutiques in all of their stores?

http://www.best-ereaders.com/2010/07...-nook-readers/
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Landscape mode and zoom for reading pdf's.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote