Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
dhume01
Connoisseur
dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Chromebook Pro, Note 10 Lite
pdf to epub/breaking up images?

I've downloaded a pdf from google books that doesn't have a very good scanned epub file associated with it. When I run the pdf to lrf or epub process in calibre, it puts the the "digitized by google" watermark on every other page, doubling the size of the book. Is there a setting in calibre that I am missing that just converts the pages as they are straight to lrf or epub?
dhume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhume01 View Post
I've downloaded a pdf from google books that doesn't have a very good scanned epub file associated with it. When I run the pdf to lrf or epub process in calibre, it puts the the "digitized by google" watermark on every other page, doubling the size of the book. Is there a setting in calibre that I am missing that just converts the pages as they are straight to lrf or epub?
It did convert the pages as they are straight to LRF and Epub. Calibre didn't add a thing which means the code was there all of the time. PDF has the ability to hide things but they are there and get converted.

You could take the ePub, open it in Sigil, find the code that is placing the water mark there then use find/replace to remove it all. For help with Sigil go to the Sigil forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert