Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Entourage eDGe Update

Received an email from Entourage that I pasted below. Really, I was expecting something like this. I never expected all the functionality out of the box so the message came as no surprise to me.

Congratulations on your purchase of the world's first dualbook! You are part of a small group who will receive the very first shipment of the enTourage eDGe™. As an early adopter, your device will arrive running the first production version of our operating software. This software has some limitations that will be fixed with a software update in the coming months.

Our software update will provide support and functionality for the following:
Bluetooth profiles for keyboards and stereo headphones
Flash Lite support
Still and video camera capabilities

We will notify you when the update is available so you can download it directly to the device and bring your enTourage eDGe™ to its full operating potential.

In the meantime, enjoy the many other groundbreaking capabilities of your new dualbook, the enTourage eDGe™.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
Received an email from Entourage that I pasted below. Really, I was expecting something like this. I never expected all the functionality out of the box so the message came as no surprise to me.

Congratulations on your purchase of the world's first dualbook! You are part of a small group who will receive the very first shipment of the enTourage eDGe™. As an early adopter, your device will arrive running the first production version of our operating software. This software has some limitations that will be fixed with a software update in the coming months.

Our software update will provide support and functionality for the following:
Bluetooth profiles for keyboards and stereo headphones
Flash Lite support
Still and video camera capabilities

We will notify you when the update is available so you can download it directly to the device and bring your enTourage eDGe™ to its full operating potential.

In the meantime, enjoy the many other groundbreaking capabilities of your new dualbook, the enTourage eDGe™.

zetareticuli,

I received the same message. The only one of these three features I was expecting to be present at the outset was the still/video camera functions, as it was a prominent part of the marketing campaign. I've been impressed with enTourage's customer responsiveness and integrity so far, so I hope this doesn't indicate a lot of "surprises" to come.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Good point. The camera functionality is not a big deal to me right now. But since it was mentioned in the marketing campaign, they should have specified it would be a future add-on from the software side.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Congrats guys. I posted a similar thread about mine. So far I count 4 of us who got the email.

Who else is out there??? yippee!!!
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
Me too! Can't wait to hack...
cacapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #6
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Anyone else daring to hope that this notice might mean that shipping will start next Monday instead of next Friday?

EDIT: Just got my credit card authorization!

Last edited by Batman Jr.; 02-20-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #7
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Got my email yesterday as well. My card has a pending charge that was initiated on the 19th.

Did you guys check out the new tutorial video that Entourage put on youtube?

Last edited by dls81; 02-20-2010 at 06:43 AM.
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #8
zetareticuli
Addict

My card also has a hold. I am hoping it will ship monday. I am going to check out the youtube video. Haven't seen it yet.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #9
zetareticuli
Addict

Just watched the video. Very good. From the video, I really don't see any big delay in the time it takes to respond to commands. This is really one of my biggest concerns. How responsive the eDGe is. I doesn't look bad at all in the video.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
My card also has a hold. I am hoping it will ship monday. I am going to check out the youtube video. Haven't seen it yet.
I thought it was nice for them to put it out before shipping so we can have an idea of how to use the different buttons and features before we even have it in our hands.
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
zetareticuli
Addict

Yes. I really like what I have seen from Entourage so far.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
yeah, now that this is about as official as its gonna get before they actually get in our hands, we should get an OFFICIAL enTourage eDGe section in the forums going...lets go Mods :hint
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
ckole
Enthusiast
ckole began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
more videos

There are a bunch of new short video describer features in detail. While I look forward to the first "Hands On" reviews Entourage is doing an excellent job of describing the device in detail. I have asked Tech Support a few questions and they were very prompt with answers.

I asked them about the Android Marketplace and that is a "not yet" item. I guess in order to have the marketplace you have to be a partner with Google. They did say you should be able to manually load applications. Hopefully a few more devices like this will come out and be powered by Android. Then you really should see some apps that cater to the larger screen format.

I currently own a Nook and like it. This will hopefully take things to the next level. I am really looking for a device that will allow me to read manuals from work.
ckole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
AndAppStore.com has an client app which allows Android applications to be purchased from them via PayPal and then downloaded. I am anticipating this being my main vehicle for purchasing Android apps. It isn't the Android Marketplace but I don't see a reason why it won't work.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
zetareticuli
Addict

I will be writing applications for the eDGe and taking requests for applications after I have owned it for a couple of weeks or so.