Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
beatonl
beatonl doesn't litterbeatonl doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
505 in UK/EU

So I'm going to be in the UK and then France for a couple of weeks in Early December and I want to get a PRS505 for a friend for Christmas - Are they still available there? and if so where would I find them?
(I'm thinking I might pick up a spare for me too )
Thanks in anticipation
beatonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I've not seen the PRS-505 available for sale in High street stores in the UK recently. They have all been replaced by 600's and 300's which have been out for a few months now .

You can still see it for sale online at a few places online, so if you want to order it in advance and get it delivered to a friends / Relatives place it might be an option.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
beatonl

thanks for that - I had a feeling they'd been replaced, but I hadn't thought about trying online for ordering.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatonl View Post
thanks for that - I had a feeling they'd been replaced, but I hadn't thought about trying online for ordering.

Thanks
No Problem. I do something Similar when I want something from the US, by having to delivered to a Friend or Relative as most places will not ship to international addresses so its the first thing that comes to mind .

Having checked a little further, it looks Like Argos is Still carrying it, and at least has stock in the stores in my area. Here's the Link, and if you know the postcode of where you are staying, you can put in to check if stores nearby will have it.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
chrisack
chrisack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatonl View Post
So I'm going to be in the UK and then France for a couple of weeks in Early December and I want to get a PRS505 for a friend for Christmas - Are they still available there? and if so where would I find them?
(I'm thinking I might pick up a spare for me too )
Thanks in anticipation
Well, I bought one on Saturday at Costco (Thurrock) for £158 - which I thought was a good price. You have to be a member though.
chrisack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
beatonl

Argos FTW! I ordered - and it'll be delivered to my hotel to be held for my arrival! So much easier than trailing all around town trying to find one.
Thanks for all the advice guys.