Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Treadstone71
Treadstone71 doesn't litterTreadstone71 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300, iPhone 4, iPad 1, Kindle 3rd Gen., Kindle Fire, Nook STR
How to find Kindle editions of my p-books

Is there any easy way to find out if the books I already own (that Amazon knows about) are available in Kindle editions?

Since Amazon can keep track of what I own by what I buy from them, as well as what I mark as already owned in their recommendations, I am hoping there is some way to cross-reference that list with what is available for Kindle, without having to do it individually for each book I own.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to add Kindle editions to a wish list. For now, I'm adding p-books to a separate wish list if there is also one for Kindle. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Treadstone71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Sadly, there is no magic way, that I know of, to look for Kindle editions of your print books.

You can add Kindle books to your main wishlist using the Universal Wish List button.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Your media library keeps track of all the pbooks (physical books) you've ordered. You may have to click on each one to see if a Kindle version is available. It will be tedious but unless you need them right away, you can do a few everyday or every week.

If you have favorite authors you may want to start your search that way.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone71 View Post
Is there any easy way to find out if the books I already own (that Amazon knows about) are available in Kindle editions?

Since Amazon can keep track of what I own by what I buy from them, as well as what I mark as already owned in their recommendations, I am hoping there is some way to cross-reference that list with what is available for Kindle, without having to do it individually for each book I own.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to add Kindle editions to a wish list. For now, I'm adding p-books to a separate wish list if there is also one for Kindle. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
I think the only way to check for a Kindle version is to look for the book - if it's Kindle-ized it will show as an available version; if not, you can click on the "I'd like to read this on Kindle" icon.

As far as wish lists go you can either use the Universal Wish List or you can click on customer reviews & to the right there's a place to click to put the book on your wish list.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
Treadstone71
Treadstone71 doesn't litterTreadstone71 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300, iPhone 4, iPad 1, Kindle 3rd Gen., Kindle Fire, Nook STR
That's pretty much what I thought.

Thanks for reminding me about the Universal Wish List; I completely forgot about that.
Treadstone71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert