Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
sdmama
Enthusiast
sdmama doesn't littersdmama doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505 and 700 and Kindle 2
Finally took the plunge!

I've been debating for more than a year over whether or not to buy an ebook reader and today I finally ordered a Blue 505 online at Books on Board.

I've been hesitant to spend the money but I know that I'll get a lot of use out of the Reader. When I had younger eyes, I always carried a paperback book in my purse so that I never got stuck waiting somewhere without something to read. Now, my 47-year old eyes require reading glasses and hardback books which aren't easy to carry along "just in case."

Now I can load up some ebooks and always have a good read to pass the time.
sdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, SDmama, to MobileRead.

You will wonder what ou ever did without your reader.

Enjoy the free books for download here, haunt the Sony forums for great info, and ask ask ask.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Welcome sdmama. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Reader. With all the free books you can get, plus the space they save and convenience they pay for themselves in no time.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I really love reading on my 505!
It's crisp, I can change the font size and it's comfortable to hold.
My fave is reading in bed at night. Physical books would tire my hands out.
Now I don't have that problem.

Welcome to Mobile Read (and the 505 club..lol) !!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Blue very good choice, it shows you have great taste.

Enjoy the reader, the contrast on the 505 makes reading for older eyes a pleasure.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello sdmama, enjoy the 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Welcome and enjoy the Reader. When I replaced my lost/stolen device I got a blue one instead of the my original silver. Even though it has the same screen, the blue seems to make the text 'pop' better than the silver Reader.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote