Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #35116
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
The green banner at the bottom and the red banner at the top say "Many" Christmas it looks to me.
LOL! You're right! It does say Many Christmas! I'm so used to see screwed up English on Japanese signs, my brain just went into auto-correct mode so I read it the way it was supposed to be. There is SOOO much incorrect English in Japanese signage, especially switching 'r' and 'l' that I usually don't even notice unless someone points it out to me. I see it on Large Company billboards, in magazine advertising, even signs on the front of buildings.... I don't know why they don't hire someone to check before going ahead with their printing. But it is just so incredibly prevalent here!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #35117
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
that's just too funny! I get lots of raised eyebrows over the way I treat my dog, maybe I need to move to Japan
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #35118
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Does that sign say "Many" Christmas?
They even count them for you. 1 2 3 4 5 ..... What a pleasant thought.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #35119
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks Stitchawl, for a minute I thought I was seeing something that wasn't there.

Going back to enjoying my morning coffee now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #35120
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Why isn't the camcorder ever recording when you really need it to?

I just performed a truly world-class spit-take. I was walking into the kitchen to greet my wife home from work and had a cup of coffee in my hand (Folgers®, because I seem to remembering reading somewhere just how much kindlekitten loves the stuff ). As I was about to enter the kitchen, I lifted the cup to my lips for a sip. Unfortunately, I lifted the cup a bit too high and not only got a mouthful of the best part of waking up, but a snootful as well. The old reflexes kicked in and I did what's got to be one of the greatest spit-takes in the history of spit-takes—all over the kitchen and family room rugs.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #35121
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
that's just too funny! I get lots of raised eyebrows over the way I treat my dog, maybe I need to move to Japan
Your dog is too big for Japan. Any dog larger than a Cocker Spaniel would be too big for Japan. It's common, on any given day, to see people walking 'with' their dogs... (Note that I didn't say walking their dogs.) People CARRY their dogs in the doggy equivalent of an over-the-shoulder baby carrier. Messenger bags with just the dog's head sticking out. Try THAT with a Newfie.

Stitchawl
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #35122
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just realized that today is Saturday... Tonight is the beginning of the Jewish "Festival of Lights!" So Shabbat Shalom and Happy Hannukah to those who will be lighting the first candle of the 8-day holiday. Remember, the candles are placed right to left, but lit left to right!
Like this?

issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #35123
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just performed a truly world-class spit-take. I was walking into the kitchen to greet my wife home from work and had a cup of coffee in my hand (Folgers®, because I seem to remembering reading somewhere just how much kindlekitten loves the stuff ). As I was about to enter the kitchen, I lifted the cup to my lips for a sip. Unfortunately, I lifted the cup a bit too high and not only got a mouthful of the best part of waking up, but a snootful as well. The old reflexes kicked in and I did what's got to be one of the greatest spit-takes in the history of spit-takes—all over the kitchen and family room rugs.
phbbbbtttttttttt~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Your dog is too big for Japan. Any dog larger than a Cocker Spaniel would be too big for Japan. It's common, on any given day, to see people walking 'with' their dogs... (Note that I didn't say walking their dogs.) People CARRY their dogs in the doggy equivalent of an over-the-shoulder baby carrier. Messenger bags with just the dog's head sticking out. Try THAT with a Newfie.

Stitchawl

there's plenty of that going on here. getting it through people's heads that dogs are NOT a fashion accessory is becoming a challenge. the humane society in Hollywood has to export whatever ankle bighter that paris hilton is using on a regular basis
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #35124
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Waiting until I have to go get my eyes checked again for the second time in a week. Last week is was for my new glasses, today for new contact lenses.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #35125
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Like this?

A Jewish Godzilla!?! Who'da thunk it?

I'm waiting for the glue to dry on a docking/charging stand for my iPhone. With the change in the cable plug, the old chargers and docking stations won't work any more. They are still too new for the Third Party manufacturers to make them, or in fact, even to make adapter/converters for the old plugs! Right now only Apple sells a converter, for about $30! The new cable with the new plug is only about $15. So I figure, what the heck? We're not talking rocket science here, just a plug sticking up out of a block, with space around it to support the phone. I started with the dock charger for my older phone, and built up from that. A couple of sticks of wood to act as phone supports behind, and Robert's your mother's brother! Assuming the glue dries before I try it out...

Stitchawl
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #35126
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Waiting until I have to go get my eyes checked again for the second time in a week. Last week is was for my new glasses, today for new contact lenses.
Before you buy, check out these lenses. Contact the university and tell them you want to test a prototype!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #35127
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I just got through wrapping the Christmas presents for Norton and Crystal. Norton's getting another Mr. Bill doll. He and Crystal tore the arm off the other one, but its voice box had by that time already become tired of saying, "Oh, NOOOoooo!" every time someone bit him. Crystal's getting a big rabbit that quacks just like a real duck when you squeeze it. A mix-up at the factory, perhaps?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #35128
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well friends & neighbors .... NHL lock-out getting you down? Sitting in front of the TV in your hockey team colors and watching Downton Abbey through your tears?

Well ... I'm here to tell you that ice hockey is alive & well in the USA! Yup! Every night in our kitchen, spirited bouts of extreme ice hockey erupt nightly!

Stella, the cat who thinks she's a dog, has developed a great fondness for ice chips. I found out one night whilst cracking out some ice cubes from an old metal tray - the cubes literally exploded into tiny chunks on the kitchen linoleum floor - where Stella began batting them around, sliding into and through chair legs, knocking down anyone/anything in her path. There's no stopping until the ice puck melts ... at which time she sits down and waits for me to throw her another ice chip. She's even started to take naps after dinner so that she'll have the energy to play hard all night long ....

I figure if the lock-out lasts any longer, I'll be able to sell live feeds on Pay-Per-View!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #35129
Stitchawl
Opsimath

If you put little mops on her back legs, you can get her to clean the kitchen while she plays!

Stitchawl
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #35130
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
If you put little mops on her back legs, you can get her to clean the kitchen while she plays!

Stitchawl
She's a Maine Coon/Rag Doll mixture - she has toe tufts like a lynx on all her feet - so I guess she's already equipped with mops.
[it's quite challenging to trim her claws - trying to find them can be difficult! ]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?