Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I recently started using the stylus on my PRS T-1 and found it convient to flip pages with it instead of having to touch the screen with my finger. However I would love to have the option of to be able to click on a button on the stylus to flip pages on a special edition PRS T-3. Even if the stylus would have to be connected to the head phone jack (like the Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic ) it would be convenient to be able to turn pages without having to physically touch or swipe a screen/button on the e-reader.
Now that idea I really like! Sony are you listening?
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #32
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Very nice idea for when reading in bed.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #33
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I recently started using the stylus on my PRS T-1 and found it convient to flip pages with it instead of having to touch the screen with my finger. However I would love to have the option of to be able to click on a button on the stylus to flip pages on a special edition PRS T-3. Even if the stylus would have to be connected to the head phone jack (like the Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic ) it would be convenient to be able to turn pages without having to physically touch or swipe a screen/button on the e-reader.
I hear a stentorian voice saying "reader turn page"
Followed by a whack on the head from spouse when spouses page turns too
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #34
ghero
Connoisseur
ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
Ya, I also like the stylus connecting to phone jack thing. I think sony should also make sth like this for this kind of new ereader:
Like the "remote control head phone" of PSP, sony should make a "control head phone" for this new reader. It is like head phones, but with buttons attached on wires, allows them not only to adjust volume of the music, change the music(as well as play/pause/stop), but also let user to use it to turn pages for ebooks, and even turn the front light on/off, or even able to use it to adjust the front light brightness.

Last edited by ghero; 06-20-2013 at 11:48 PM.
ghero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #35
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghero View Post
Ya, I also like the stylus connecting to phone jack thing. I think sony should also make sth like this for this kind of new ereader:
Like the "remote control head phone" of PSP, sony should make a "control head phone" for this new reader. It is like head phones, but with buttons attached on wires, allows them not only to adjust volume of the music, change the music, but also let user to use it to turn pages for ebooks, and even turn the front light on/off, or even able to use it to adjust the front light brightness.
And the price would be $27,000 with no right to resell

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #36
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Why limited edition front lit reader? Meaning what? Over priced reader with higher resolution screen plus more. Yes I would buy a new sony reader with features I want with competitive price for feature set. Just bought 3 T1 readers before T2 so did not need another that was the same thing with tiny different design change of buttons T2.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #37
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I would definitely consider buying one. I just bought the Kobo Aura and am very happy with it - it's the first ebook reader that has tempted my husband away from the PRS-505. I would love the limited edition Sony to have the same or better specs as the Aura, and a metal chassis. 3g wouldn't make a difference to me. I much preferred the software on the x50 series ebook readers to the T1 software, and would love to see Sony go back to that, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd be willing to pay up to $200.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #38
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
I would buy one, especially if it still had the manual page turn buttons and the easy public library integration. I'd pay at least as much as the Aura costs, and probably a bit more.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote