Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Nook Color not showing cover art thumbnails

I just got a new Nook Color yesterday, and transferred my collection of 297 books (all epub or pdf, DRM-free/stripped) to it. I transferred maybe 5 or 6 books at a time instead of the whole thing at once. All books in Calibre had book covers showing up properly in Calibre, and Calibre DID send the jpg files for each book, BUT the Nook Color only shows up thumbnails in the Library for only 13 of them. The rest have a "generic" cover thumbnails. Can anyone help fix this? Thanks.

Found the answer in another post, sorry for the duplicate, but it won't let me delete.

Last edited by leday; 11-25-2010 at 11:33 AM.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
rboatright
rboatright can extract oil from cheeserboatright can extract oil from cheeserboatright can extract oil from cheeserboatright can extract oil from cheeserboatright can extract oil from cheeserboatright can extract oil from cheeserboatright can extract oil from cheeserboatright can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Mini
search the forum for "nook color cover" -- there are several threads on the subject.

In short, BN's software is broken and standards compliant epubs still don't show covers sometimes/often.

Many people have had success by doing an epub to epub conversion in Calibre. For the resistant files, some have had success doing a epub to mobi conversion followed by a mobi to epub.

For the final small group of very resistant files, there is a thread with a hand-editing mechanism which the author claims always works.
rboatright is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Thanks. This has been resolved in another a Calibre thread.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
qth37144
qth37144 began at the beginning.

Device: noone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
there is a thread with a hand-editing mechanism which the author claims always works.
what is the link to that thread or can you hint keywords for me to search for that thread, please?
qth37144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
spicyrice
spicyrice began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I was having this problem. I started putting a folder on my desktop called Cover art. Then I put folders in this folder with the id of the particular book on it. Then I put the jpg in there where it needs to be named Cover. Then using Calibre and editing the metadata I put this cover on the epub file and it has been working every time.
spicyrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert