Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
tehKitten
Enthusiast
tehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Dutch translation of your book.

[removed]

Last edited by tehKitten; 07-29-2014 at 08:13 PM.
tehKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
tehKitten, that's a great idea!!

I'm sure you'll get lots of takers. In fact, I'd like to put my book in for consideration!

Maisy May is about a two teens in Australia struggling with religion, expectations and who they really are. It's a novella - about half or a third the size of a normal novel. The language used is fairly simple, I think.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Welcome to MR tehKitten

it's a wonderful idea; and nomesque's book is a wonderful read for you to translate.

standby for the stampede .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
tehKitten
Enthusiast
tehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enough

[removed]

Last edited by tehKitten; 07-29-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehKitten View Post
Ok, I 'bought' Maisy May on Smashwords with the coupon, I'll start reading now.
It seems a good start, there are about 30.000 words, so with 3.000 a day, it should take about 10 days.

It's a lot easier to read than that !!...... (make it 5)
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #6
tehKitten
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's a lot easier to read than that !!...... (make it 5)
I meant the translation, I get a minimum of 3.000 a day. ^.^"
The most I've done in one day were 10.000 words, but that's just too much for one day.

I think this is handy for translating nomesque's book, clicky.

Another thing to learn!

Last edited by tehKitten; 06-06-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
GeoffC

Quote:
I meant the translation, I get a minimum of 3.000 a day. ^.^"
The most I've done in one day were 10.000 words, but that's just too much for one day.

I think this is handy for translating nomesque's book, clicky.

Another thing to learn!
ah !

Old 06-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4

What a beautiful idea, tehKitten. I love how people are starting to help each other spontaneously and voluntarily, without the need for contracts or money, without distrust.

And I'm a bit jealous too, because I always wanted to translate (books I like).
Not sure if the greek ebook market is developed enough yet, but worth considering.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #9
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post

What a beautiful idea, tehKitten. I love how people are starting to help each other spontaneously and voluntarily, without the need for contracts or money, without distrust.

And I'm a bit jealous too, because I always wanted to translate (books I like).
Not sure if the greek ebook market is developed enough yet, but worth considering.

from little acorns do mighty oaks grow ....
Old 06-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Woohoo!

tehKitten, feel free to PM me with questions about wording, slang, names, whatever. I'll do my best to help you out.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #11
tehKitten
Enthusiast

I added some colors to the first post, and I'm almost done reading. After that I will send you a PM, with most of the questions. (expect a lot ^.^")
And, at school I've read a piece of the story to some of my classmates, and they like it too!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #12
GeoffC

Quote:
I added some colors to the first post, and I'm almost done reading. After that I will send you a PM, with most of the questions. (expect a lot ^.^")
And, at school I've read a piece of the story to some of my classmates, and they like it too!

Hope it doesn't give them ideas ....
Old 06-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
tehKitten
Enthusiast

Where are the other people's? As soon as I got the document I start translating. But I want to have another one in queue. (A)
It's not that I want to rush things, but just, if I want to take a break of translating for a sec, I can read a bit of the next book, and then continue to translate. And if I have a queue it makes me feel important.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #14
ToniLeland
Author
ToniLeland began at the beginning.

Hello tehKitten,

Would you like to translate A Garden of Secrets? It's a 40K word paranormal romance set in a magical place called Winterwood, complete with shapeshifters and dragons!
If you want it, let me know and I'll send you whatever type file you require.

Thank you for such a nice offer!
Toni Leland
http://www.tonileland.com
ToniLeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #15
tehKitten
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniLeland View Post
Hello tehKitten,

Would you like to translate A Garden of Secrets? It's a 40K word paranormal romance set in a magical place called Winterwood, complete with shapeshifters and dragons!
If you want it, let me know and I'll send you whatever type file you require.

Thank you for such a nice offer!
Toni Leland
http://www.tonileland.com
What I'm going to say isn't meant to be mean, or hurt you in any way, but it's just what I see. You don't have much post's on MR. (Neither do I, but still.) I would like if I saw something on here. It's just some feeling. It always feels better when someone has a few more posts, if you're going to be busy for that person. Smashwords says it are 65k+ words. That is a lot of work (I guess more than a month ), and the subject isn't what I'm excactly interested in.
Is it ok if I put it on hold? Maybe I'll translate it when I got some more experience.

Last edited by tehKitten; 06-09-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Tags
translate, translating