Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Amazon 3rd Party Sellers ... Good Bad & Down Right Rip Offs!

This year I ordered 2 Things from Amazon ... Not Counting eBooks! On Both I Got Junk! Defective items & Wrong items sent! I Still Fighting for Full Refunds! They hit you with Shipping to you then Hit you again with Shipping Back the items! Plus Re-Stocking Fees!! And of course the Dreaded Notice from Amazon "Closing Account do to Too many Returns!" ... haven't got it yet but wouldn't be surprised if I do..

Heres a Chance for you to Vent & Rant ....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
And this has what, exactly, to do with ereading, which is the purpose of this forum?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Lounge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Always a good idea to look at the seller's feedback before ordering. That can help to avoid such issues.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Katie, a tip for the future: We do have a dedicated Vent & Rant thread, HERE.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Katie, a tip for the future: We do have a dedicated Vent & Rant thread, HERE.
How about moving this thread there for me....
Old 02-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Always a good idea to look at the seller's feedback before ordering. That can help to avoid such issues.
I did. The sellers had 98% ratings. And the Post were only people like me that got Ripped. With only 1-2 people gave Good Review. How do they get such Great Ratings & treat Customers like Trash?
Old 02-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
And this has what, exactly, to do with ereading, which is the purpose of this forum?
Nothing which is Why Its NOT in the Ebook Ereader Threads. More to this site than eBooks & eReaders! Welcome to Mobile Reads & Plaese Have a Look at ALL the site offers!
Old 02-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #9
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
This year I ordered 2 Things from Amazon ... Not Counting eBooks! On Both I Got Junk! Defective items & Wrong items sent! I Still Fighting for Full Refunds! They hit you with Shipping to you then Hit you again with Shipping Back the items! Plus Re-Stocking Fees!! And of course the Dreaded Notice from Amazon "Closing Account do to Too many Returns!" ... haven't got it yet but wouldn't be surprised if I do..

Katie,
Have you contacted Amazon thru their help on the opening page? I got a JUNK tablet case, did a bad review and sent it back. Amazon had no problem sending UPS to my front door to return the case and quickly credited my account.

I am a prime member and yesterdays order said 5 days to receive! I complained to Amazon about WHY 5 days instead of 2 day I paid for in shipping with Prime. Their reply was sorry, and added a month to my prime account.

I have had such good luck with Amazon and feel really bad you are having so much trouble.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
Katie,
Have you contacted Amazon thru their help on the opening page? I got a JUNK tablet case, did a bad review and sent it back. Amazon had no problem sending UPS to my front door to return the case and quickly credited my account.

I am a prime member and yesterdays order said 5 days to receive! I complained to Amazon about WHY 5 days instead of 2 day I paid for in shipping with Prime. Their reply was sorry, and added a month to my prime account.

I have had such good luck with Amazon and feel really bad you are having so much trouble.
Amazon did ask if my 1st refund was salved I told them no & why. Not long after that seller sent me a postage paid shipping label. This was the principle of the thing. They sent an Item that they knew was defective but was marks on the item! Turned out it by luck didn't cause my new Fire to break! I wrote about it last week in the Fire Forum.
So far I don't think Amazon knows about this mornings mess. I ordered a New XXL Rear basket fro my Pride Scooter... $85. They sent a L rear basket ... $45 Plus it was full of Defects! Wanted me to pay shipping Back Plus re-stocking fees! After a email back & me writing a BAD review. They decided to send the Correct Basket & include in the box a shipping label for the return of the smaller basket. Even offered me a Gift!

I Believe Both Seller once this is done!

I just so sick of Amazon Sellers taking Advantage of Customers. 25% Re-Stocking Fees for Defective & Wrong items are crazy! I got Ripped before was scared to complain.. No More. Amazon wants to Block my Account so be it!
Old 02-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #11
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I recently had a bad experience with an Amazon Marketplace seller. They had offered a set of out-of-print music CDs for about a third of the usual going price, so I jumped on it. A couple of days after I placed the order, the seller e-mailed me that they didn't have the item in stock and I should cancel the order. It didn't make sense to me that I should be the one to cancel--why couldn't they just do it? I had a suspicion that perhaps they had made a pricing mistake, and that's why they wanted me to cancel so they could re-list at a higher price. So I didn't cancel, and then a few days later I got an e-mail from Amazon saying the item had shipped, and I figured, OK, all is well. And then another e-mail from the seller again telling me to cancel, which I don't believe I would have been able to do even if I wanted to, because Amazon was showing it had bee shipped.

The delivery window on the item was ridiculously long (even though it was not an international seller), and meanwhile my credit card was charged and payment was almost due, so I finally wrote to the seller to ask what the heck was going on. They then reversed the charge.

I don't know what kind of crazy game they were playing, but I did some research on them and found that they've done this sort of thing before, under various names. However, they also have a lot of happy customers. I don't know if it's just some stupidity and inefficiency on their part, or if there's some way they're profiting from fake listings.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:39 AM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Well the Correct Basket Arrived It Looks Great No Defects! I shipped back the Wrong Defective basket a couple days ago. Done deal. I Not changing my rating. I did write the correct basket arrived & was not defective.
Still waiting on the Defective Case Refund ...ugh