Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #35776
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
What!? You mean the stuff I've been listening to is fake!?
No, rebroadcasts. They announced their retirement plans last summer.

CNN: 'Car Talk' hosts retiring from hit show

NPR: 'Car Talk' Guys Are Retiring, But Their Best Stuff Will Be Rebroadcast
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #35777
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Well sh&t! *goes and pouts*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #35778
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
So temp is 100 not huge but still unpleasant
Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #35779
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kindlekitten: feel better soon.

Lucas is having a rough night. Soaked through one blanket crying, wouldn't fall asleep on me in bed, we are in the rocker and he is finally feeling heavy and just stopped crying. Poor little guy. He had a rough day and his night hasn't been much better.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #35780
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Very funny program on our national public radio. They help with cars AND relationships
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hubby & I love Car Talk. He called in about my car once, but didn't get on.

Sadly, they retired October 2012.
Ah, looks like they won't be much use after all!

Just about to go to the Audi garage - round 2!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #35781
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I meant Top Gear.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #35782
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Sorry, I meant Top Gear.
I'll be watching a new episode of that in almost exactly an hour's time. I think we have our own version of it (ours was the original I believe?).

Anyway - Mrs B picked an Audi convertible earlier today. We'll pick it up in a couple of weeks - very exciting!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #35783
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

We get yours and have a rip off of our own.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #35784
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Waiting for my wife to get back from the hospital. We need to order our vaccinations and the hospital insists on pre-payment. I'm hoping that Japan has finally approved the oral Typhoid vaccine. The shoots for it are just way too uncomfortable. We'll order Tetanus, Rabies, and Encephalitis. Cholera shoots just aren't worth the effort...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #35785
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

finally drug my sorry ass out of bed and showed some houses this afternoon. put fifty miles on the car, we looked at 4 houses. will be making an offer for them tomorrow. this is the fifth I've done for them, they've been low balling all along, I think they've finally decided to pay attention.

feeling somewhat human. would like to think I'm going to sleep in tomorrow, but have an appointment at nine. *sigh*
Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #35786
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Glad you are feeling better. I am actually going to work on a Monday. Fingers crossed
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #35787
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Preparing for a trip to the paper recycling station and then to Ikea. The tap in the utilityroom next to my bedroom (where I brush my teeth, wash my face, etc) needs replacing because even after replacing the washers it's still leaking (probably because the spare washers are as old as the ones they were replacing) and the chrome is coming off.

My father doesn't know that I also need to get some new bedlinen and stock up on scented candles (their green apple candles smell delicious). He also doesn't know my sister is coming, too. When he hears this he'll probably become desperate. He and I are very similar in that we get what we want, pay and are done. My sister wants to view the showrooms to see what's new, which will take a while.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #35788
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reading reviews of the new Simcity game. I should get my copy on Thursday but if Bol.com has, again, ordered not enough copies I'll cancel my order with them and will get it from a brick and mortar store.

The game sound great, much more detailed than previous SC games, you can even follow individual sims. And there's interaction between neighbours (water, power, but also hospitals)
Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #35789
SandyHarper
Banned
SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
Right now, I am closing the browser and have a lunch..
SandyHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #35790
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I just locked the catflap to my rooms because Lexie was driving my crazy. I accidently discovered a new cat aphrodisiac. I had two left over showergels, Dirty (minty) and Grass (grass) by Lush, each not enough for a shower but together it was enough, so I mixed them. Lexie likes the scent of many Lush products but this combination had her stalk me to try and lick my skin.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?