Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #1021
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It sounds like very good solution.

I unintentionaly exited the book by pressing Escape instead of Menu many times, so I like the exit question popup. But if the exit is invoked from menu than no need to ask.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #1022
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I think the total time consumed by accidently closing a book with an escape button is much less than the total time needed for every confirming

Anyway in my opinion the suggestion of Mono would be an improvement
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #1023
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I like the confirmation after pressing the escape button. Please, keep the confirmation.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #1024
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
I think the total time consumed by accidently closing a book with an escape button is much less than the total time needed for every confirming
Well, it depends...

If you read one long scanned document for several days then 2-3 undesired Escapes (which happens quite easily) may mean a minute of waiting.

If you read many short files, confirming Escape means 2-3 seconds at most.

I guess, someone has asked for that feature. And I like it as I was many times angry at me being so stupid to press quite frequently Escape instead of Menu...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #1025
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,
I've tried to use the "two points margin" option in the page setting, but I've strange results, someone could explain how to use it ?
Thank you.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #1026
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Hi Randy11, does it always select too much or too few unlike the 2-point zoom in the old firmware for you too? I have already complained about that to Booxtor.
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #1027
Randy11
Wizard

Hello Zaytsev,
I don't know if I must choose an area in the margin : left point to the begining of the text, or the the text itself. In the first case I have a blank page, in the other I have a zoom too strong.
I suppose, it's a wrong usage of this function.

I'm waiting the video that Booxtor has talked about the page setting.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #1028
3bookReader
3bookReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle PPW
dictionary explain

I alway used boox for pdf reading but when looking up vocab in my pdf file, a block of 2 or many words usually selected and hightlight like the below image, instead of the word i need. The result is... It happen frequently, about 50% words i 've looked up.

Any help? Thanks.
3bookReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #1029
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Booxtor:

Is there a bug tracker of some sort?

I have reported 2 issues in this thread (the Suspend > Poweroff issue, where the device fails to shutdown properly, and the PDFreader > Resume from Suspend issue, where the reader stops functioning), and I am not sure if you noticed the reports.

I think it would be a lot easier to keep track of issues with that. Maybe I just missed it?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #1030
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Booxtor:

Is there a bug tracker of some sort?

I have reported 2 issues in this thread (the Suspend > Poweroff issue, where the device fails to shutdown properly, and the PDFreader > Resume from Suspend issue, where the reader stops functioning), and I am not sure if you noticed the reports.

I think it would be a lot easier to keep track of issues with that. Maybe I just missed it?
Hi,
I saw your report. The reported issue is quite irregular and not always reproducible. I can confirm the issue, but we are still on it.
All bug reports are collected and most of the bugs will be fixed soon.
Some of the issues are hard to solve because they are caused by third party SDKs (e.g. Adobe SDK)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #1031
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
And I like it as I was many times angry at me being so stupid to press quite frequently Escape instead of Menu...
Can I just mention it is the same in the browser, when accidentally hitting the up buttom instead of Menu, and thus precipitating a close WiFi dialogue and whatever you answer, closing out of the page.

Hence, I put this on the wishlist:
Quote:
Stop WiFi dialogue: When selecting 'No' or clicking the closing X, should stay in browser, and current page (i.e. not jump out to bookmarks page). (Or possibly, hitting Cancel should jump out, but X-close should stay on page.)
Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #1032
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Another possible bug could be that when I choose a toolbar, in my case annotation icons, and when come into menu, the toolbar gets automatically reset to general without any endeavor. Is it possible to have it fixed to the choice once it is made until I change it myself? Like mapping of the joystick, once it is set it remains that way for that particular file.

Thank you.
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #1033
3bookReader
3bookReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bookReader View Post
I alway used boox for pdf reading but when looking up vocab in my pdf file, a block of 2 or many words usually selected and hightlight like the below image, instead of the word i need. The result is... It happen frequently, about 50% words i 've looked up.
Anyone help me, pls. Booxtor!
3bookReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #1034
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
I guess it has to do something with number of documents.

I have many and the circle is there for a minute or two. Generaly, I do not mind it, because I do not switch it off. I use in most cases sleep mode.

It is for sure in 1st release of 1.8, but I think it started with later (cca post June) 1.7 releases.
Turns out, it ha to do with Metadata Extraction - if you turn it off, it will not keep loading at the start.

This might actually be a bug: if there has not been a change to the storage, metadata of EPUB/PDF files should should be extracted again!
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #1035
danya2
danya2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
and the feature to add underline text would be a nice addition for the notice-tools ...
Yes it would be very useful given the difficulty of tracking long straight lines in dense text documents in full page mode

Quote:
It sounds like very good solution.

I unintentionaly exited the book by pressing Escape instead of Menu many times, so I like the exit question popup
...Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bookReader View Post

Any help? Thanks.
This often happens to me unfortunately!
I hope it can be fixed.

@Booxtor:

Thanks for adding the icon for selection of links in the "annotation bar" and also for other improvements .. it works well! Remains the problem of which I spoke in my previous post about the impossibility of changing the page (backward and forward) with the appropriate buttons when "annotation bar" and "sketch" function is activated. Although some documents seems to work in other under these conditions there is only a refresh of the same page with the disappearance of the previous sketch. Do I have temporarily to select another function on "annotations bar" in order to change the page and next switch to the "sketch" function again.

Last edited by danya2; 11-19-2012 at 02:46 PM.
danya2 is offline   Reply With Quote