Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #436
Gauthier
Enthusiast
Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
Making drop down in the ribbonUI is not very difficult, I remember doing it for some access project.
<group ...>
<menu id="..." label="" imageMso="..." itemSize="..." >
<button ... />
<button ... />
</menu>
</group>

Creating a button on the fly is not possible, at best you can hide and show those you defined in the Custom UI.xml

Last edited by Gauthier; 02-04-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #437
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauthier View Post
Correction for the parent folder selection issue I have.
replace
Thanks!!

I've updated the BC 2007 with your updates. There where a few differences in the code you suggested and what I used here is a list below. Also would you please download the zip I've attached to this post and see if it works in your MS Word 2010

DIFF
Used
Code:
#If Win64 Then 

instead of 
#If VBA7 Then
Since the real difference is the 32bit vs 64 bit and not VBA7 vs older VBA

>>>
I think there was a bug in the code you provded
Code:
        strPFPath = VBA.Environ("ProgramFiles(x86)")
        If strPFPath = "" Then
            strPFPath = VBA.Environ("ProgramFiles")
        End If
            setCalibrePath strPFPath + "\Calibre"
        End If
I think you meant to say

strPFPath = VBA.Environ("ProgramFiles(x86)")
Code:
        If strPFPath = "" Then
            strPFPath = VBA.Environ("ProgramFiles")
        End If

setCalibrePath strPFPath + "\Calibre"

Also I removed the Sleep function since it was not used in the code.

Quote:
Making drop down in the ribbonUI is not very difficult, I remember doing it for some access project.
<group ...>
<menu id="..." label="" imageMso="..." itemSize="..." >
<button ... />
<button ... />
</menu>
</group>

Creating a button on the fly is not possible, at best you can hide and show those you defined in the Custom UI.xml
Awesome!! That did it.

Question is there any way I could group a button and menu item together so I could get

<Word Wrap ...v>

Where if the user presses the word "Word Wrap a method is executed and if the user presses the "v" menu button a drop down menu appears.

For further reference the "Add-Ons" ribbon has the features I'm looking for

=X=
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_2007_v3.05.01.zip (220.0 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by =X=; 02-06-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added file
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #438
Gauthier
Enthusiast
Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Question is there any way I could group a button and menu item together so I could get

<Word Wrap ...v>

Where if the user presses the word "Word Wrap a method is executed and if the user presses the "v" menu button a drop down menu appears.

For further reference the "Add-Ons" ribbon has the features I'm looking for
=X=
Yes you do it this way:
Code:
<splitButton id="splitButton" size="large" >
  <button id="button" imageMso="HappyFace" label="Split Button" />
  <menu id="menu">
    <button id="button1" label="Button 1" />
    <button id="button2" label="Button 2" />
  </menu>
</splitButton>
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #439
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay I'll give it a shot.

Also one thing I forgot to mention was was that the multiple selection of files did not allow one to control the prefer on which they where imported. Word seemed to import biased on the last modified date.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #440
Gauthier
Enthusiast

I made some Improvements to the handling of the Cover:
1 Store the cover path as a document property
2 Added it to the Ribbon as a splitbutton Add/Change + remove
3 Preview the cover within the Create dialog

Code for This:
CustomUI.xml into group FileData
Code:
<splitButton id="splitCoverImage" size="large">
	<button id="AddCoverImage" label="Add/Change Cover" imageMso="PictureInsertFromFilePowerPoint" onAction="ButtonClickMacro" getSupertip="CurrentValue" />
	<menu id="CoverImage" imageMso="PictureInsertFromFilePowerPoint" itemSize="normal" >
		<button id="RemoveCoverImage" label="delete" imageMso="OmsDelete" onAction="ButtonClickMacro" supertip="Remove Cover Image" />
	</menu>
</splitButton>
datBookCreatorProperties
Code:
Function getCoverPath() As String
    On Error GoTo Err_Clr

getCoverPath = ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("CoverPath")

Exit Function
Err_Clr:
    getCoverPath = ""
End Function

Sub setCoverPath(szPath As String)

On Error GoTo Err_Clr

ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("CoverPath") = szPath

Exit Sub
Err_Clr:
    ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add _
        Name:="CoverPath", LinkToContent:=False, _
        value:=szPath, _
        Type:=msoPropertyTypeString

End Sub
in frmCalibreAllFormat
In Form view:
Added a tab labeled "Cover" which containing a Picture Object named CoverImg
In Code View:

Modified part of Sub cmdCoverImageClick()
Added Sub shwPicture
Added a call to shwPicture at the end of Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Added a call to shwPicture in UserForm_Initialize()

Code:
Sub cmdCoverImageClick() 
    If bDisplayVal = -1 Then
        setCoverPath szPath + "\" + szDocName
        shwPicture
    Else
        Exit Sub
    End If
End Sub

Private Sub shwPicture()
    On Error GoTo MissingPic
    If Not IsNull(getCoverPath()) And Len(getCoverPath()) > 0 Then
        CoverImg.PictureSizeMode = fmPictureSizeModeZoom
        CoverImg.Picture = LoadPicture(getCoverPath(), 300, 200, Color)
    End If
    Exit Sub
MissingPic:
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    shwPicture 
End Sub
In RibbonTab
Added SubCurrentValue()
Code:
Sub ButtonClickMacro(ByVal control As IRibbonControl)
    Case Is = "RemoveCoverImage"
        setCoverPath ("")
    Case Is = "AddCoverImage"
        frmCalibreAllFormat.cmdCoverImage_Click
End Sub

'Callback for supertip: Show setting CurrentValue
Sub CurrentValue(control As IRibbonControl, ByRef supertip)
    Dim s As String
    Select Case control.ID
        Case Is = "CoverImage"
            s = getCoverPath()
            If Len(s) = 0 Then
                supertip = "No Cover Image Defined."
            Else
                supertip = "Current Cover: " + s
            End If
        Case Is = "SetAuthor"
            supertip = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyAuthor)
        Case Is = "SetBookTitle"
            supertip = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyTitle)
    End Select
End Sub
I've also experimented with dynamic screentip and supertip in the ribbon.
However, I've not found yet how to trigger an update, the value is initialized correctly but latter change are not updated in the ribbon.

I have also found a useful reference on CustomUI specifications:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.12).aspx
(There is a link to a pdf about 550 pages)

I'm also working on revamping the filename and Save To
with placeholder inspired from downThemAll
*author*, *sortauthor*, *fmt*, *title*
Old 02-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #441
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Quote:
Okay I'll give it a shot.

Also one thing I forgot to mention was was that the multiple selection of files did not allow one to control the prefer on which they where imported. Word seemed to import biased on the last modified date.
The Import Order IS NOT the selection order that much is true
The order is in Fact the order in which the files appears in the import dialog.
If you sort the dialog by name, they are imported sorted by name.
If you sort by date, they are imported sorted by date.
If unfortunately, the file order is not a file system order
your need to import them one by one or create another property on which to sort.

Last edited by Gauthier; 02-07-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #442
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Having to go multiple time from the saved word document to the create eBook, losing each time the information I filled in is a real pain.
Is there a good reason not to link more of the form properties to the document properties and system properties?
Adding a reset to default button could cleanup user errors...

vba frm _Activate vs _Initialize
Using the cancel button on the form and then clicking "Create eBook" will trigger an activate event.
Using the close button on the form and than clicking "Create eBook" will trigger an Initialize event followed by an activate event.

Thus code present in Activate need not to be in Initialize
I would however, merge both and rely more heavily on datBookCreatorProperties.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #443
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
The Import Order IS NOT the selection order that much is true
The order is in Fact the order in which the files appears in the import dialog.
Odd, that is not what I'm seeing. I'm getting different behavior based on how I sort and how I select the the files.

Quote:
Having to go multiple time from the saved word document to the create eBook, losing each time the information I filled in is a real pain.
Is there a good reason not to link more of the form properties to the document properties and system properties?
Adding a reset to default button could cleanup user errors...

vba frm _Activate vs _Initialize
Using the cancel button on the form and then clicking "Create eBook" will trigger an activate event.
Using the close button on the form and than clicking "Create eBook" will trigger an Initialize event followed by an activate event.

Thus code present in Activate need not to be in Initialize
I would however, merge both and rely more heavily on datBookCreatorProperties.
Yes there was a reason for it. At time I wrote the tool "Custom properties" where stored in the template file not the word file. So with the exception of author and book title that where default document properties and hence saved to the document all other properties where saved to the template. What I did not want to happen was to save book specific features to the template.

I think the request you are asking for is reasonable, I too found losing my document metadata annoying. But we'll have to find a way to store that information per document and not to the template (honestly I did not spend too much time looking for alternatives).

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 02-07-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: added quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #444
Gauthier
Enthusiast

More Clean Up of Old Code

in datBookCreatorProperties
replace
Code:
' GLOBAL VARIABLES
Function cUDEF() As Integer
    cUNDEF = 0
End Function
Function cEPUB() As Integer
    cEPUB = 1
End Function
Function cIMP() As Integer
    cIMP = 2
End Function
Function cLIT() As Integer
    cLIT = 3
End Function
Function cLRF() As Integer
    cLRF = 4
End Function
Function cMOBI() As Integer
    cMOBI = 5
End Function
Function cPDB() As Integer
    cPDB = 6
End Function
Function cPDF() As Integer
    cPDF = 7
End Function
With
Code:
' GLOBAL VARIABLES
Public Const cUDEF As Integer = 0
Public Const cEPUB As Integer = 1
Public Const cIMP As Integer = 2
Public Const cLIT As Integer = 3
Public Const cLRF As Integer = 4
Public Const cMOBI As Integer = 5
Public Const cPDB As Integer = 6
Public Const cPDF As Integer = 7
Same goes for the devices
Code:
'Devices
Public Const cDEFAULT As Integer = 0
Public Const cSONY As Integer = 1
Public Const cMSREADER As Integer = 2
Public Const cMOBIPOCKET As Integer = 3
Public Const cHANLINV3 As Integer = 4
Public Const cCYBOOKG3 As Integer = 5
Public Const cKINDLE As Integer = 6
Public Const cSONYLND As Integer = 7
Public Const cKINDLEDX As Integer = 8
Old 02-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #445
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Cleanup of get, set prefix

Add a Class Module Named Param
Code:
Dim ParamName As String
Dim ParamType As Long
Dim ParamValue As Variant
Dim ParamDefault As Variant
Dim ParamLocation As Long
Dim ParamAutoSave As Boolean
Dim ParamControlId As String

Dim isSet As Boolean

Private Sub Class_Initialize()
    isSet = False
End Sub

Public Property Get Default() As Variant
    Default = ParamDefault
End Property

Public Property Let Default(v As Variant)
    ParamDefault = v
End Property

Public Property Get Value() As Variant
    If isSet Then
        Value = ParamValue
    Else
        Value = ParamDefault
    End If
End Property

Public Property Let Value(v As Variant)
    isSet = True
    ParamValue = v
    If ParamAutoSave Then
        Save
    End If
    If Len(ParamControlId) > 0 Then
        UpdateControl ParamControlId
    End If
End Property

Public Sub Define(PropName As String, Optional PropDefaultValue As Variant = "", Optional PropType As Long = msoPropertyTypeString, Optional SaveTo As Long = pLocationVolatile, Optional AutoSave As Boolean = False, Optional RibbonControlId As String = "")
    ParamName = PropName
    Default = PropDefaultValue
    ParamType = PropType
    ParamLocation = SaveTo
    ParamAutoSave = AutoSave
    ParamControlId = RibbonControlId
    Read
End Sub

Public Sub Save()

On Error Resume Next

Select Case ParamLocation
        Case Is = pLocationVolatile
            'do not save
        Case Is = pLocationSystem
            SaveSetting "BookCreator", "Parameters", ParamName, CStr(ParamValue)
        Case Is = pLocationDocument
            ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(ParamName) = ParamValue
            If Err <> 0 Then
                ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add _
                    Name:=ParamName, LinkToContent:=False, _
                    Value:=ParamValue, _
                    Type:=ParamType
            End If
        Case Is = pLocationTemplate
            ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(ParamName) = ParamValue
            If Err <> 0 Then
                ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add _
                    Name:=ParamName, LinkToContent:=False, _
                    Value:=ParamValue, _
                    Type:=ParamType
            End If
    End Select
End Sub

Private Sub Read()

On Error Resume Next

'Revert to the default value
            isSet = False
            'We Only Get a String here
            ParamValue = GetSetting("BookCreator", "Parameters", ParamName)
            If Len(ParamValue) > 0 Then
                'A Value was stored, convert to the defined type.
                isSet = True
                Select Case ParamType
                    Case Is = msoPropertyTypeBoolean
                        ParamValue = CBool(ParamValue)
                    Case Is = msoPropertyTypeNumber
                        ParamValue = CLng(ParamValue)
                    Case Is = msoPropertyTypeString
                        'Nothing to Do
                End Select
            End If
            'According to the doc, it is already correctly typed.
            ParamValue = ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(ParamName)
            If Err = 0 Then 'The CustomDocumentProperty named ParamName existed
                isSet = True
            End If
            'According to the doc, it is already correctly typed.
            ParamValue = ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(ParamName)
            If Err = 0 Then 'The CustomDocumentProperty named ParamName existed
                isSet = True
            End If
    End Select
    'Debug.Print "Param::Read ParamName:=" + ParamName + ", Value:=" + CStr(ParamValue)
End Sub

'Erase the Parameter Value from its storage.
Public Sub Reset()
    Dim docProp As DocumentProperty
    On Error Resume Next
    isSet = False
            'Was Never saved, nothing to do
            'Remove from registry
            DeleteSetting "BookCreator", "Parameters", ParamName
            'Remove from Custom Document Properties
            docProp = ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(ParamName)
            docProp.Delete
            'Remove from Custom Document Properties
            docProp = ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(ParamName)
            docProp.Delete
    End Select
End Sub
previous get/set are replaced by:
Code:
'Some constant for Parameter Location
Public Const pLocationVolatile As Long = 0 'Parameter is not saved
Public Const pLocationSystem As Long = 1   'Parameter is saved to the HKCU Registry
Public Const pLocationDocument As Long = 2 'Parameter is saved to The document
Public Const pLocationTemplate As Long = 3 'Parameter is saved to The template

' CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
Public CalibrePath As Param

Public BaseFont As Param
Public BaseFontEpub As Param
Public BaseFontLIT As Param
Public WordSpaceLRF As Param
Public HeaderFormat As Param
Public Margin_Top As Param
Public Margin_Bottom As Param
Public Margin_Left As Param
Public Margin_Right As Param
Public LinkLevel As Param
Public ImpDeviceType As Param
Public BC_FIRST_RUN As Param
Public BookCreatorVersion As Param
Public AdditionalParam As Param
Public IMPAdditionalParam As Param
Public BookCreatorBuildVersion As Param
Public LocationPATH As Param
Public LocationSaveOption As Param
Public AutoSaveTemplate As Param
Public eBookReaderSaveOption As Param
Public eBookReaderPath As Param
Public DebugON_OFF As Param

Public InputProfile As Param
Public OutputProfile As Param
Public DisableJustify As Param
Public CoverImage As Param

Sub InitParams()
    Set DebugON_OFF = New Param
    DebugON_OFF.Define "DebugON_OFF", False, msoPropertyTypeBoolean, pLocationSystem, True
    Set CalibrePath = New Param
    CalibrePath.Define "CalibrePath", DefaultCalibrePath, msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationSystem, True
    Set BaseFont = New Param
    BaseFont.Define "BaseFont", "8", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set BaseFontEpub = New Param
    BaseFontEpub.Define "BaseFontEpub", "80", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set BaseFontLIT = New Param
    BaseFontLIT.Define "BaseFontLIT", "8", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set WordSpaceLRF = New Param
    WordSpaceLRF.Define "WordSpaceLRF", "2.0", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set HeaderFormat = New Param
    HeaderFormat.Define "HeaderFormat", """%t""", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set Margin_Top = New Param
    Margin_Top.Define "Margin_Top", "10", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set Margin_Bottom = New Param
    Margin_Bottom.Define "Margin_Bottom", "0", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set Margin_Left = New Param
    Margin_Left.Define "Margin_Left", "10", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set Margin_Right = New Param
    Margin_Right.Define "Margin_Right", "10", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set LinkLevel = New Param
    LinkLevel.Define "LinkLevel", 1, msoPropertyTypeNumber, pLocationDocument
    Set ImpDeviceType = New Param
    ImpDeviceType.Define "ImpDeviceType", 2, msoPropertyTypeNumber, pLocationDocument
    Set BC_FIRST_RUN = New Param
    BC_FIRST_RUN.Define "BC_FIRST_RUN", True, msoPropertyTypeBoolean, pLocationDocument
    Set BookCreatorVersion = New Param
    BookCreatorVersion.Define "BookCreatorVersion", "1.5", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set AdditionalParam = New Param
    AdditionalParam.Define "AdditionalParam", "", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set IMPAdditionalParam = New Param
    IMPAdditionalParam.Define "IMPAdditionalParam", "", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set BookCreatorBuildVersion = New Param
    BookCreatorBuildVersion.Define "BookCreatorBuildVersion", 15, msoPropertyTypeNumber, pLocationDocument
    Set LocationPATH = New Param
    LocationPATH.Define "LocationPATH", "", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set LocationSaveOption = New Param
    LocationSaveOption.Define "LocationSaveOption", "", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument
    Set AutoSaveTemplate = New Param
    AutoSaveTemplate.Define "AutoSaveTemplate", True, msoPropertyTypeBoolean, pLocationDocument
    Set eBookReaderSaveOption = New Param
    eBookReaderSaveOption.Define "eBookReaderSaveOption", False, msoPropertyTypeBoolean, pLocationDocument
    Set eBookReaderPath = New Param
    eBookReaderPath.Define "eBookReaderPath", "", msoPropertyTypeString, pLocationDocument

Set InputProfile = New Param
    InputProfile.Define "InputProfile", cDEFAULT, msoPropertyTypeNumber, pLocationDocument, True
    Set OutputProfile = New Param
    OutputProfile.Define "OutputProfile", cDEFAULT, msoPropertyTypeNumber, pLocationDocument, True
    Set DisableJustify = New Param
    DisableJustify.Define "DisableJustify", False, msoPropertyTypeBoolean, pLocationDocument, True
    Set CoverImage = New Param
End Sub
Then replace usage:
getSomeParam -> SomeParam.Value
setSomeParam X -> SomeParam.Value = X

That will make form data persistence more easy to manage and also save about 40KB from the file.

The Default Values also clean up the INITIALIZE:
Code:
Sub INITALIZE()
'________________________________________________
' NAME: INITALIZE
' AUTHOR: =X=
' DESCRIPTION: Initalizes BookCreator application
'   for the very first run.
' HISTORY:
' DATE: 09/08/2008
'________________________________________________
    InitParams
    If BC_FIRST_RUN.Value = True Then
        CreateToolBox True
        BC_FIRST_RUN.Value = False
    End If
End Sub

Last edited by Gauthier; 02-08-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #446
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Quote:
But we'll have to find a way to store that information per document and not to the template
=X=
As far as I can see, the current code, when it save something, save it to the document and not the template with
Code:
ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("SomeParam")
Check my previous post for a more general solution, which allow to save to HKCU or the document

Saving anything to the Template except for some style definition is probably a bad Idea.
It may lead to corruption of the Template (I experienced one today, where creating a new document on the template or trying to open it crashed Word.
The Template autoSave on exit should probably be Off.
It would probably be best to Prevent editing and running the Macros from the opened template

Last edited by Gauthier; 02-07-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #447
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Quote:
As far as I can see, the current code, when it save something, save it to the document and not the template with
Code:
ThisDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("SomeParam")
My Bad ThisDocument is actually the template, the document is ActiveDocument.

I'll correct the Post Above to allow save to
HKCU, Document and Template
Old 02-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #448
=X=
Wizard

I haven't had a chance to apply some of your changes. I'd like to test out the recommended changes on Word2003. And I only have that on my home computer.
Unfortunately I have neither time at work or home at the moment.

Also I'm staring to find it difficult to track some of your changes. I'm wonder if you can just post the exported BAS files and I can run a diff to see all your changes. It will make it easier for us to shared code. It should reduce the chances of typos as well and the chance that you might have omitted a change.

Quote:
My Bad ThisDocument is actually the template, the document is ActiveDocument.

I'll correct the Post Above to allow save to
HKCU, Document and Template
Yep, because the macros lie in the Template document "ThisDocument" is the template. Because we can have several word documents included several BC documents we would have to find what document initiated the BookCreator dialog box and save the values to that document. I think the document unique id can be captured during the initialization of the BookCreator dialog box.

Yep I like the idea of being able to read and write to the HKCU, Doc, Template based on the type of data we are saving.

Not sure if I posted this already but Kovid has confirmed that we can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\calibre\Installer\Inst allPath

to determine the path where calibre is installed.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #449
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Wow,

I havent seen this level of frenzied updating for a long time !!

You go guys !

I looke forward to seeing the end product and being able to put it to use.

Thanks for the hard work being put into this!
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #450
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to apply some of your changes. I'd like to test out the recommended changes on Word2003. And I only have that on my home computer.
Unfortunately I have neither time at work or home at the moment.
No Problem.

Quote:
Also I'm staring to find it difficult to track some of your changes. I'm wonder if you can just post the exported BAS files and I can run a diff to see all your changes. It will make it easier for us to shared code. It should reduce the chances of typos as well and the chance that you might have omitted a change.
I've setup a google code project with cvs access.
I have choosen a GNUv3 Licence.
If that bother you, I suppose it is possible to shut it down, before we upload code to it.
http://code.google.com/p/word-ebook-creator/
If you can send me your gmail address to gvanvreckem AT gmail.com, I'll add you as owner.

Quote:
Yep, because the macros lie in the Template document "ThisDocument" is the template. Because we can have several word documents included several BC documents we would have to find what document initiated the BookCreator dialog box and save the values to that document. I think the document unique id can be captured during the initialization of the BookCreator dialog box.
The dialog is modal, and the Ribbon is docked to the document.
So the Active Document should give us identification
The only way to screw up is to switch to another document during the generation, but everything is already passed as function parameter there.

I'll check to see if the Module variables instance are at the document level, as I tough.

Quote:
Not sure if I posted this already but Kovid has confirmed that we can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\calibre\Installer\Inst allPath
to determine the path where calibre is installed.
That's not present on my system I did an Uninstall of Calibre and installed again in another folder to be sure and it's still not there.

Last edited by Gauthier; 02-09-2012 at 10:08 AM.