Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Rathamar
Bookaholic!
Rathamar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Kobo Books on the Nook?

Hey All
I will be joining the nook family this coming Friday (Waiting for the Wifi version to be back in stock).

I have a Kobo books account and have a few books from them (on my android phone) and I am wondering if I can access these on my nook when I pick it up.

I have read that the kobo reader and the nook support the same ePub formate.

The reason I ask, cause I would not mind buying them again from Barns and Noble (I only have paid for 2) is that B&N does not have them available for ebooks just paperback.

Anyone know?

Thanks for the help - really looking forward to Friday

Thanks
Rathamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathamar View Post
Hey All
I will be joining the nook family this coming Friday (Waiting for the Wifi version to be back in stock).

I have a Kobo books account and have a few books from them (on my android phone) and I am wondering if I can access these on my nook when I pick it up.

I have read that the kobo reader and the nook support the same ePub formate.

The reason I ask, cause I would not mind buying them again from Barns and Noble (I only have paid for 2) is that B&N does not have them available for ebooks just paperback.

Anyone know?

Thanks for the help - really looking forward to Friday

Thanks
I assume that you have already installed Adobe Digital Editions on your PC to buy the books for your phone (otherwise you will have to install ADE first).
If you connect the Nook to your PC ADE will ask you to authorize the Nook. After the Nook is authorized you can copy the Kobo books to the Nook from within ADE or just copy them to the My Documents folder of the Nook.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Rathamar
Bookaholic!
Rathamar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Thanks very much geertm - Yes I have ADE on my PC.
Rathamar is offline   Reply With Quote