Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #31
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Btw, I myself am looking for the bin file for the US version DX. Anyone got it? please post it...
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #32
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRiver View Post
Btw, I myself am looking for the bin file for the US version DX. Anyone got it? please post it...

If you find it let me know, I'll do the same if I am so blessed.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 05:28 AM   #33
ahda02
ahda02 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
The bin works well for DXi, but doesn't support fonts other than English.
ahda02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #34
FrozenRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahda02 View Post
This is hardly surprising; however, the following news is...

Under the 2.5 firmware, we can't even pan to next page or go to next page by pressing the button once zoomed into a pdf page? Is that true?
We have to zoom out before we can go to next page, and start zooming in again on a new page? Really?
It's so disappointing to hear this news from my friend. This renders the zooming into a pdf page capability so much less practical...
The kindle team, while you are still there, can you make some changes? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #35
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
Quote:

Under the 2.5 firmware, we can't even pan to next page or go to next page by pressing the button once zoomed into a pdf page? Is that true?
We have to zoom out before we can go to next page, and start zooming in again on a new page? Really?
It's so disappointing to hear this news from my friend. This renders the zooming into a pdf page capability so much less practical...
Actually the pan and zoom behavior as described makes sense. It is relatively easy to pan and zoom within a single page, but doing it across pages would mean having to reflow/recompose the entire document, which is a much harder thing to do.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #36
mdovell
Zealot
mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I have a DX international and the thing didn't work for me...not sure why :-(
mdovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #37
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Quote:
Never mind everybody. I know the Hipda forum and have been engaging in its discussion. It has no 2.5 update bin other than that for the DXi. So never mind actually going there at this stage. It's a great forum though. It's a shame that you guys don't speak Chinese. LOL

Just in case, here is the address of the forum:
http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/forumdis...?fid=59&page=1

Google translator is your friend!

http://translate.google.com/translat...sl=zh-CN&tl=en

If someone hears from 2.5 for k2i, please let me(us) know.

jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #38
ErikG
Enthusiast
ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iRex DR800S, Kindle DX, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage
Like mdovell I think I have the international version of the DX. I ordered mine in the Netherlands.
Also for me it doesn't seem to work.
I put the bin-file in the root, disconnect, from I press menu>settings. From settings I press menu and the update option is greyed out.

Anyone any ideas?
ErikG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #39
lili1989
lili1989 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
for those DXi which can not update to be 2.5, u need to update ur DXi to be 2.33 firstly.

http://www.amazon.com/update_kindle_dx_gw.bin
lili1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #40
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Quote:

No. It is not true! The 5-way joystick is used to pan the zoomed area on each page. When we press "Next Page", the upper left portion (at the same zoom level) will be displayed. It is smarter than Sony's zoom and pan feature.

I also tried the facebook link, I really like this feature because I can share some news or good quotes with friends.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #41
ErikG
Enthusiast
ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iRex DR800S, Kindle DX, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili1989 View Post
for those DXi which can not update to be 2.5, u need to update ur DXi to be 2.33 firstly.

http://www.amazon.com/update_kindle_dx_gw.bin
Thank you, lili1989, for the tip and the link to the 2.3.3 update.

Apparently my DX never updated to the latest firmware.
Installing 2.3.3 and then 2.5 was completely straightforward.

Thank you, again.
ErikG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #42
FrozenRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
No. It is not true! The 5-way joystick is used to pan the zoomed area on each page. When we press "Next Page", the upper left portion (at the same zoom level) will be displayed. It is smarter than Sony's zoom and pan feature.

I also tried the facebook link, I really like this feature because I can share some news or good quotes with friends.
Great news!! Thanks a lot. Apparently my friend got it wrong.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #43
mircea
mircea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi, Cybook Gen3
...others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahda02 View Post
not true
french accented and romanian diacritics perfectly displayed!

maybe non-latin missing...
mircea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #44
mdovell
Zealot
mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I'll be damned I tried it again and it works...

Just make sure to drop it on the icon of the kindle. You don't open kind and drag and drop..somehow that made a difference.
mdovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:16 AM   #45
Arthus
Arthus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Thank you much lili1989
Your .bin works perfectly for my new DXi 2.3.3
Including very useful collections and pdf zooming features.
Cheers
Arthus
Arthus is offline   Reply With Quote