Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oops, I was referring to ixtab's devkey installer, not a JB . (I'm in a bit of a hurry, that explains the mess ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Oops, I was referring to ixtab's devkey installer, not a JB . (I'm in a bit of a hurry, that explains the mess ^^).
English leaves too much guesswork as to meaning and intent if you do nail everything down with lots of extra descriptive words. It is MUCH too easy to misinterpret almost any simple English sentence. With a previous context of "yifanlu's jailbreak installer", then just "ixtab's installer", I had guessed (contrary to your intent) "ixtab's JAILBREAK installer".

Interesting that such an imprecise language with difficult grammar (and word pronunciations) borrowed from so many languages became an "international language".

When I travelled two years ago, I saw more "native language" signs than English in most of the countries I visited. Now, many places in many countries are "mostly English". Of course, the French have always been rather protective of their language, not allowing intrusion of foreign words, so you have little to worry about. Or... is the Internet "Americanizing" France too?

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-01-2012 at 01:52 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh, no, we have quite a bit of english words in our language too, but, yeah, not everyone is happy with it, so we usually do end up adapting some english terms in French, or just plain replacing them... (We have a stupid word for e-mails, for example, and, more on topic, there's still a huge mess going on about the use of the word 'liseuse' to refer to ebook readers ).

On the other hand, the situation is a bit more black & white in Québec, where they don't even use some english terms that made their way into the french metropolitan language, and instead use 'proper' french terms, or literal translations from english... It's quite interesting, actually . (For example, we use 'stop' signs in France, while they have 'arrêt' signs, and a myriad of other little things like that ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What is the descriptive term for lab126?
That is, if its printable on a public forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #20
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
I had a look at the keystore using keytool. It does contain the kindlet key, as well as the three keys I added for myself. (Merged them in again using keytool.) However, I still can't get my HelloWorld running. "The item you attempted to open is incompatible..." Any clues??!?
I'm not yet completely sure how the whole thing works. What is the kindlet key used for? And why do I have to add three keys for me (dn$USER, di$USER, dk$USER)?
Thanks for any replies

EDIT: The same problem arises with downloaded kindlets such as 'Endless Book of Sudoku'. I see the keys in the keystore, but the kindlet won't open.

EDIT: Problem solved. The reason is that the manifest file mentioned in the How To Write Kindlets thread was missing some lines. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2386&page=5#64

Last edited by digory; 07-06-2012 at 04:40 AM.
digory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert