Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
nobicus
nobicus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Book Light

For those in the UK Tesco are selling their Book Light for £2 at the moment. Look in the DIY section (strange place to put a book light).
It has a clip that fastens over the back cover and an arm, containing a single bright LED, which swings over the book when you switch the light on. Adequate enough to read by.
nobicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Thanks - I may check it out.

I assume it takes AA batteries?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Book Light Missing

I can't find it on the uk tesco site - can you let us have the url address?
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #4
nobicus

I think that this is in store only.
Takes three hearing aid type batteries.
Tesco internet selling site is www.tesco.com.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:45 AM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobicus View Post
I think that this is in store only.
Takes three hearing aid type batteries.
Tesco internet selling site is www.tesco.com.
Non-rechargeable batteries then?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
nobicus

No. (5 characters!)
Old 12-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
justinmg
justinmg began at the beginning.

Device: none
I got mine from Morrisons for 99p. Little grey / black think with a single white LED.
justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I've been buying a number of small cheap booklights to try them out-- some with flex-necks and some others. I just got one at Target that isn't perfect, but folds flat enough to stick in a shirt pocket. It's only $5 and clips nicely to the Reader's cover.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
A good booklight is hard to find. I just bought two book owls (buy one get one free at Borders on Black Friday). They clip nicely at the back of my reader but the light shines in my eyes- thinking about just taping something over that part.

I used to buy Mighty Brights, but they die way too quickly.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #10
xanlexian
Connoisseur
xanlexian began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 / Nook GL / Kindle 3
I mentioned this before somewhere on this forum -- but for the booklights that "spotlight" on the reader, are too bright, shine in the eyes, etc... I found that just taping a small piece of window tinting over the LED(s) works WONDERS!!

Not only does it cut down on the harshness of a white LED, it also 'softens' the light itself -- making it more apparent to a small incandescent light.

Never underestimate the simple solutions! (this method originally started with my alarm clock which was just way too bright. I went looking into various smoked plexies -- all the way to dismantling the thing and installing some resistors into the LED display -- then it just dawned on me -- use window tinting, cut to size, tape to clock -- done and PERFECT!) Works PERFECT for book lights as well.
xanlexian is offline   Reply With Quote