Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #31
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
That makes no sense, if that was true why is Pandora and Netflix allowed to have apps on it? Maybe the Opera Mini Browser doesn't work very well with it.
Do you ever say anything positive or constructive, or do you just disagree with everyone?
Old 11-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #32
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes I think we need a big thread to share apps that work with the Kindle Fire and help some of us who are lost at what to use.

Wi-Fi Status Bar Switch by friedflow - Toggle WiFi on/off by touching app icon or in the Notifications bar so you can toggle from any app.
If you know of a compatible tested Amazon app store apps please list them as it will help those who don't have access to the Market. Other non app store apps welcome too.
I don't have access to the android market. Is there another location/app store where we can grab this?

Last edited by anijh; 11-19-2011 at 06:59 AM.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #33
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Wifi Turn On, Wifi Turn Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by anijh View Post
I don't have access to the android market. Is there another location/app store where we can grab this?
Hi anijh,

I use this app, which I got from Amazon's Appstore:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B005OQJG0K

It's quick and easy-peasy.

Cheers.

Last edited by xari; 11-19-2011 at 08:17 AM.
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #34
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

BatteryTime Lite

Also available from Amazon's AppStore, if you want to quickly see what your Fire's battery level is (including percentage charge) without having to go through the Quick Settings menu, you can try this app:

BatteryTime Lite
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B004T555WA

While it's clearly designed for a cellphone, it provides the one bit of info I'm looking to see quickly: the percentage charge left in my Fire's battery.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #35
xari
Kindle Obsessed.

Wifi Analyzer

Another freebie from Amazon's Appstore, if you're out and about and looking to find the strongest Wifi signal near you to use, I'm finding this one helpful:

Wifi Analyzer
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B004EBZX6W

It gives you an easy to understand graphical representation of the signals in your area, so you can see what's available and which is the strongest.
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #36
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by xari View Post
Hi anijh,

I use this app, which I got from Amazon's Appstore:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B005OQJG0K

It's quick and easy-peasy.

Cheers.
Thank you!
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #37
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I like an app named Watchdog. It monitors apps for excessive load and issues an alert based on a limit you set, and you can kill apps directly from the Watchdog app. It's in the Amazon appstore. Compatible with KF.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by anijh View Post
I've been looking but so far I haven't seen it anywhere other then the Market.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #39
kilikini
Enthusiast
kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3, KFire, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
I've been looking but so far I haven't seen it anywhere other then the Market.
I found it here:

Wi-Fi Status Bar Switch
http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...18355882705622
kilikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilikini View Post
I found it here:

Wi-Fi Status Bar Switch
http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...18355882705622
Yay! It's a great little app!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #41
drjpreston
Enthusiast
drjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire
Will the Mantano Reader app allow you to copy lines from pdf files and paste them to other files? I am wanting to edit the files that I sent to my Fire via my Kindle email address.
drjpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjpreston View Post
Will the Mantano Reader app allow you to copy lines from pdf files and paste them to other files? I am wanting to edit the files that I sent to my Fire via my Kindle email address.
I would ask in the Mantano thread. I only use epub so I don't know if it does that or not.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:55 AM   #43
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire
Wink Kindle fire apps

I just bought a kindle fire yesterday. I donot use credit cards online there for the amazon apps even the free one was no good for me since you have to have a credit card account. I searched the web like crazy for over an hour and was about to give up until i found this site and this forum. It is amazing i am so happy and cannot thank you enough. So happy i found you guys cannot wait to check what other awesome things i will find here!
OscuridadBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscuridadBonita View Post

I just bought a kindle fire yesterday. I donot use credit cards online there for the amazon apps even the free one was no good for me since you have to have a credit card account. I searched the web like crazy for over an hour and was about to give up until i found this site and this forum. It is amazing i am so happy and cannot thank you enough. So happy i found you guys cannot wait to check what other awesome things i will find here!
You can use a Amazon gift card. You don't need a credit card to purchase from Amazon. You can find them at most places like grocery stores and Walmart....etc
Old 11-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #45
OscuridadBonita
VampGirL
OscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animalsOscuridadBonita is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire
cards

Quote:
You can use a Amazon gift card. You don't need a credit card to purchase from Amazon. You can find them at most places like grocery stores and Walmart....etc

I know about gift cards, i use them for ps3. But the gift cards are useless for the free apps.In order to get the free up you have to have a credit card account with them, and thats where i am screwed because i have no credit cards. I use the cards your talking about for anything i buy online.
OscuridadBonita is offline   Reply With Quote