Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Re: Fantasy Short Story - Year of the Mountain Lion

Darwin's Evolutions publishes singles and anthologies. They recently re-opened and one of my stories (Year of the Mountain Lion) was picked up and is now available on Amazon UK, US and B&N for 99 cents.

Quote:
Cursed as a drought-bringer, Jolan lives a harsh life of nomadic exile in the desolate desert that surrounds her former home. Now, though, she is being hunted by those who have already cast her out for purposes she cannot fathom. Unfortunately for her pursuers, Jolan is not helpless and she is determined to survive.

A gripping short story by skilled author Maria Schneider that shares a powerful woman's refusal to surrender in the face of either nature or the society that abandoned her.
Amazon US

Amazon UK

B&N

The artwork was done by the very talented: John Dotegowski

I'm not sure if the magazine has plans to release to other retailers (or when) but if someone has a different e-reader and would like a copy, please PM me. I'm pretty sure we can work something out.

Thank you!

Maria
www.BearMountainBooks.com (We'll be discussing the artwork on my blog on June 22 -- or so I have planned!)

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 06-21-2011 at 08:35 PM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Two new pieces of news:

1. For Sony, Kobo, Apple--anyone who isn't Kindle or Nook, Darwin's Evolutions is selling a downloadable package directly (it will include .mobi, ePub and PDF).

So if you don't have a Kindle/Nook or don't buy from those sites you can still get a copy of the various short stories and anthos when they come out by buying direct at Darwin's

2. There's a chance to win a free copy of not only my story, but two others AND an Amazon gift certificate (UK or US) OR a B&N gift certificate running over at:

Enter a Comment at Jacob Drud's blog

(If that link doesn't work, try this one: http://jakobdrud.livejournal.com/)

EDITED TO ADD: Even easier entry: Send an email requesting entry, mention I sent you to: jd AT
jakobdrud DOT com

If you enter a comment and say, "Maria sent me" I get an extra entry. Yeah, stacking the deck, that is me!

Darwin's Evolutions makes a serious effort to support authors and artists--they commissioned artwork for each short story and are trying to make the stories available widely, without DRM and to a worldwide audience.

Thanks guys!
Maria

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 06-24-2011 at 07:59 AM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote