Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Clau
Enthusiast
Clau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Red spots on KT

I had my KT in a brown wool cover, which I think "sweated out" the dye onto the back of my KT. As you can see from the picture, the spots are dark red. But they also seem to have been absorbed because I can't remove them.

Before I use something stronger, has anybody seen something like this or know what can I use? I'm thinking alcohol but there might be something else I can use.

Thanks.
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Never seen these particular spots, but plenty of cases have caused this kind of color transfer. I suggest trying to scrub it off with a bit of plain white toothpaste.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I have that on my K4S it wont come off completely. I'm afraid it's the cost of using a cheap cause and in my case (No pun intended) it was by Marware. Since then I will only buy the Amazon Official Case.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My DXG leather case costed $100. The brand logo now imprints on top part of the back (the plastic part). I call it "personalized" to make myself feel better.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
I would try either propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin (I've used both). My daughter got permanent marker on her phone once, and the glycerin took it off. I was just careful to stop as soon as the marker was gone because I didn't know if it would start removing the paint....
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote